Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

TR24 next Sat.

2 watchers
Jul 2013
8:12am, 21 Jul 2013
1260 posts
wiener dog
I have been doing mostly 70mpw with the odd cutback week. I'm doing TR24 next Sat. I'm hoping to do 5 laps + ( managed 5 last year ) in a team of 5, also in a5 again this time. Last year was a bit different as I had a knee issue before so I had quite a serious cutback in the weeks before the race. This year however I've been ok ( hoping I stay that way )

Question is I did a 10 miler yesterday & am now planning to cut back ahead of Sat - does this sound s good idea? Today 5, Mon 4, Tues 3, Wed off, Thurs 1 or 2, then Fri off???
I don't want to overcook it but I get very fidgety if I don't do anything for days.

What are the other TR24 people doing this week?
Jul 2013
8:25am, 21 Jul 2013
7255 posts
The Terminator
I would take the Monday and Thursday off and do 2 miles on Friday. Otherwise move other sessions forward a day. There is logic to this I just can't remember what, I know it would be a good plan for me if you know what I mean. Otherwise I just have to suggest you cope with being fidgety. Enjoy :-)
Jul 2013
8:39am, 21 Jul 2013
1261 posts
wiener dog
Thanks that sounds fairly sensible. I looked at marathon taper plans but they don't seem quite right in this situation as TR24 is not a block of constant running it's just a lot of 10K's in one day. The other thing is that last time ( before a marathon ) I followed a taper plan I felt awful & stodgy & ran really badly - the next time I did a marathon I just sort of cut down but not quite how the plan said & faired much better. I asked a PT at the gym & he told me not to run at all for 10 days before TR also he told me to carb load for the same 10 days ( I ignored that! ) I don't think I'd even move if I did that as I'd gain about a stone & seize up totally lol.
Jul 2013
10:11am, 21 Jul 2013
210 posts
Fairweatherboy
Never done the TR24 but if you are feeling fidgety on Friday this to me would be a good thing as your body is saying it wants to run - it might have a different idea by 12pm on the sunday!! - if your previous taper worked for the marathon i'd probably stick with that. Good luck.
Jul 2013
1:22pm, 21 Jul 2013
7259 posts
The Terminator
Re: the carbs I would go with plenty of complex carbs until Wednesday and then concentrate on simple carbs and that should help you avoid the stodgy feeling
Jul 2016
1:22pm, 15 Jul 2016
459 posts
Sazzleflip
Is there another thread for this? What time are people arriving on Friday?
Jul 2016
1:30pm, 15 Jul 2016
17448 posts
DeeGee
I'm not this year. Nobody wanted me :-(
Jul 2016
4:57pm, 17 Jul 2016
171 posts
soozie
I am. I hope to get there early Friday morning

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I have been doing mostly 70mpw with the odd cutback week. I'm doing TR24 next Sat. I'm hoping to d...