Tough Mudder, Total Warrior, other Absolute Tw@ races

12 watchers
Feb 2014
11:24pm, 6 Feb 2014
6,049 posts
  •  
♣BelleVueRacer♣ of Beartown
I don't like them. I know others do, but I find the fact that others do irritating. Normally I am an 'each to their own' person, but these races are for... twats.

These Tough Mudder, Total Warrior, Absolute Twat etc... races where runners run in some mud, do something macho then queue up (repeatedly) for more obstacles to have their photos taken with macho slogans. They pay £80+ so they can show their mates how 'hard' they are. I suggest that anyone who enters these races be systematically killed at one of the obtacles, just to teach them a lesson. They can then be buried with their orange headband / yellow t shirt / whatever on their heads with 'work hard play hard' carved into their gravestone. Attention seeking twats.

OK, I've vented now and am probably out of order, let's hear from the warriors / heroes / twats. You can even call me names if you like. Fair's fair.
Feb 2014
11:32pm, 6 Feb 2014
20,634 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Fair comment. :-)
Feb 2014
11:34pm, 6 Feb 2014
10,066 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
I propose an in-depth* psychological study to reveal their inner chaos and strange sexuality. Or not, as the case may be.

* depth = deep in mud, in this instance.
Feb 2014
11:35pm, 6 Feb 2014
20,635 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
It's basically 35 year old not very fit corporate boys trying to impress the new PA with the big bazoomas, isn't it?

Lol innocent smiley face.
Feb 2014
11:36pm, 6 Feb 2014
20,636 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I propose Absolute Twat as the next extreme event.

With a follow up in the series - Corporate Fister.
Feb 2014
5:23am, 7 Feb 2014
1,088 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
They're for Southern Softies who think Box Hill is Alpe D'Huez. Send 'em up here to my lambing sheds. I'll give 'em tough and muddy and covered in shite.
Feb 2014
7:45am, 7 Feb 2014
28,885 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
They're ahead of the pack. With global warming and inflation and cutbacks in road maintenance, all UK races are going to be expensive mudfests in future.
Feb 2014
7:58am, 7 Feb 2014
14,082 posts
  •  
Just Fleecing-well Do It
I haven't done Tough Mudder but I absolutely love Hell Runner (which is about £30 incidentally, with a great tshirt and goody bag, cheaper per mile than plenty of HMs I've run). I won't do an obstacle race cos I'm terrified of heights and actually, bogs of doom and stuff are natural obstacles without messing about with army type shit.
But: why are you lot being so fucking judgemental and sneery about all this? Most people who do these events do it as a big gang of friends, they roll round in the mud like kids, have a giggle, and then go and get pissed with their mates and relive the event. Is it because they don't mind spending £80 on a day out? There are plenty of other things people spend that sort of money on, shall we have a witch hunt of theatre goers next? 'Oo-er, hark at these fancy rich wankers shelling out a ton to see Shakespeare in the West End, they could pop down to their local secondary school production instead'
Feb 2014
7:59am, 7 Feb 2014
8,500 posts
  •  
TRO Saracen
I approve. Better they are at these events where I don't come across them then at the gym. In the gym they get in everyone's way doing a 90 minute session which consists of 3 stations with reps totalling about 2 and a half minutes work and the rest of the time is spent on their I-phones updating their cyber-world with details of their brutal and savage fitness regime which would kill a normal man.
Feb 2014
8:25am, 7 Feb 2014
1,089 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
I feel an Eric Pickles moment coming on again....

Not judgemental Fleecy - just tongue in cheek.

If this sort of thing pulls someone chain that's fine. As long as they admit it for what it is - a glorified obstacle race. Its the ones who go on about it being "So tough that even the SAS wont do it"

Its like people who hark on about the 3 Peaks Challenge as if its a trip to the south pole. Again its a nice challenge to do with some mates and raise a bit of cash - end of (Unless you happen to live in Wasdale where the t@ssers npitch up at some ungodly hour slamming doors and playing loud music and the like)

About This Thread

Maintained by M62 Santa
I don't like them. I know others do, but I find the fact that others do irritating. Normally I am a...