Torn/strained ligament in ankle

3 watchers
Sep 2011
11:42am, 2 Sep 2011
6,128 posts
  •  
KatieB
Put your feet/ankles next to each other, are they the same size/shape? Can you move the ankles through full range with the weight off them? (again compare sides)
Sep 2011
11:44am, 2 Sep 2011
5,191 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Not yet the same size-shape, but certainly getting there. Not full range of motion yet either, but again way better than a few days ago.
Sep 2011
11:46am, 2 Sep 2011
6,129 posts
  •  
KatieB
I agree with CT. Sorry, SA. It's the weightbearing pain that is a worry.

If you rest well this weekend, it will probably be ok to leave til next week but I would be very careful what you do with it this weekend. You're not driving for the 3 hours are you?
Sep 2011
11:47am, 2 Sep 2011
4,704 posts
  •  
Stander
CT - the picture I posted was of the foot 5 weeks ago, and yes I probably should have gone to the quacks but I work 50 miles away from home and they don't open early enough / stay open alte enough for me to be able to get to them. :(

I begrudge taking a day's holiday just for doc to tell me to rest it. And as for X-rays? If he had wanted one of those, I'd be looking at another day wasted sitting around at A&E for god knows how many hours.

And I've not holiday entitlement left until October having used it all taking care of Stander Junior during missus's very many hospital admissions/operations this last year.

Moral of the story around my neck of the woods is "Don't get injured"
Sep 2011
12:45pm, 2 Sep 2011
6,248 posts
  •  
James1982a
I went to A&E for my xray. I figured if I went to the GP I'd end up on a 6 month waiting list and by then if anything had been broke it would have heeled.
Sep 2011
1:19pm, 2 Sep 2011
5,192 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Thanks a lot again to all of you!

Katie, I won't be driving, just sitting in the car with my foot up as much as possible.

From what you and Ct have said, it sounds like going away might be a daft thing to do - but I'm all ready to go now, so will just make sure I take it very easy. Sorry for asking a question adn then not taking the advice given! I did listen though, and will make sure I rest and elevate as much as possible, and go and see a GP if it's not better by next week.

Thanks again to everybody!
Sep 2011
1:22pm, 2 Sep 2011
6,130 posts
  •  
KatieB
Good luck. Hope you get it sorted soon. :-)
Sep 2011
5:41pm, 2 Sep 2011
3,852 posts
  •  
katypie
Any hints tips for someone that's had an MRI and confirmed inflammation but nothing is torn. Been 4 months of rest and not improving.. :(
Sep 2011
6:28pm, 2 Sep 2011
20,688 posts
  •  
cabletow
as above - Proprioreception training
Sep 2011
8:00pm, 2 Sep 2011
3,854 posts
  •  
katypie
Thanks CT. I'll pass it on to mu buddy.

About This Thread

Maintained by SpicedApple
Roughly how long would I expect the pain to last before it gets less?

I went over on my ankle an...