TomTom uploads

1 watcher
Oct 2017
6:00pm, 15 Oct 2017
25,408 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Bought a new TomTom Runner 3. Yesterday I thought one of my runs uploaded wrong from my phone to fetch.
Today on my long wrong all my miles are out by a few seconds and 2 are way out - 19.48 uploaded instead of 11.32 and 18.21 uploaded instead of 10.03. Even the distance is out - 11.08 miles loaded instead of 11.10. Any ideas?
Oct 2017
9:03am, 16 Oct 2017
18,625 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
The files that we receive from TomTom don't (as far as I recall) contain split information, so it has to be derived from the long list of "latitude,longitude,time" measurements that describe your route. Therefore 11.08 versus 11.10 is probably just down to rounding at some point, either by the watch or Fetch. And the larger split differences - did you take any pauses? When Garmins spit out files, they contain pause information which I'll be able to isolate in the new version of the training log (coming soon) - however I'm not sure that TomTom watches do likewise.
Oct 2017
9:10am, 16 Oct 2017
29,271 posts
  •  
Hendo
I find the best thing to do with TomTom (albeit a little long-winded), is to export each run from MySports online as a FIT file, then import into Fetch. I think the auto-export from TomTom is a different type of file in which the data isn't that great for here.
Oct 2017
9:17am, 16 Oct 2017
3,072 posts
  •  
larkim
Did you take a pause after 5 miles? It looks very much like there was a pause in activity but the "meter" is still running, hence the long time for mile 5.
Oct 2017
12:05pm, 16 Oct 2017
25,416 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Thanks, will try what Hen do suggests. I am trying to see the positives with it but I preferred my Garmin:-(
Oct 2017
3:49pm, 16 Oct 2017
25,419 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Yeah Larkin we stopped and I pressed pause but seemingly it's a common problem it will upload my sport correctly but when you then import to Fetch it uploads the total run time. Don't see the point in it having a pause button or don't see the point in uploading to Fetch. Probably me being picky
Oct 2017
3:43pm, 17 Oct 2017
18,626 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've contacted TomTom to open up a discussion about how the pause information is recorded in the files.
Jan 2018
2:14pm, 16 Jan 2018
First-time poster!!
  •  
ClaretPacker
Hi, do you have any further info regarding this? I love my TomTom and use the pause facility if I am running with others who stop or if I visit the loo on a long run etc. I upload automatically to strava and the data is re-calculated from the ground up and is very similar to the tomtom details. I am thinking of switching my monthly strava Premium DD to Fetch but correcting this is important "bug" to me. Love the analysis available here. Cheers, Tim

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lip Gloss
Bought a new TomTom Runner 3. Yesterday I thought one of my runs uploaded wrong from my phone to fet...