To wear or not to wear a mask?

11 watchers
Jul 2021
4:57pm, 19 Jul 2021
33,817 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Wore mine to shop in the Co-op this morning, all staff and all customers but two blokes were wearing masks.
Jul 2021
6:21pm, 19 Jul 2021
6,772 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
My first commute since August was interesting - two buses and two trams in total. I wore a mask but probably about 1/4 chose not to. I say that simply because they did not have a badge to say they were exempt and tended to fall into one of three categories: Chav, 18-25 year-olds or...[I won't say in case I am accused of racism]...whoops, sorry!

I must say that for each of these categories, there were a few people that did follow TfL's guidance for masks to continue. However, the overwhelming majority did not and no-one in authority was around to warn them.
Jul 2021
6:32pm, 19 Jul 2021
5,964 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
I've been wearing my face mask at work, when walking around.

It comes off when I sit down at my desk.

I'm sure I'll carry on like this for a while.
Jul 2021
6:36pm, 19 Jul 2021
2,037 posts
  •  
bonners
I'll be continuing to wear a mask, obviously at work it is mandatory, but away from work I'm avoiding as many people as possible. Even though masks are still mandated in Wales I feel sorry for shop staff trying to enforce it. I won't be visiting any social events indoors and my shopping will be first thing in the morning when it is quiet, obviously with mask on
Jul 2021
6:37pm, 19 Jul 2021
3,305 posts
  •  
TomahawkMike
Yep, wearing a mask still.
Jul 2021
6:40pm, 19 Jul 2021
2,553 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Been to the doctor's, obviously mask wearing there. Then mini Tesco where most people and all staff were wearing masks though it wasn't compulsory.
Jul 2021
6:44pm, 19 Jul 2021
18,312 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Relatively busy Hastings Aldi this morning - 90% plus of customers masked.
Jul 2021
6:48pm, 19 Jul 2021
1,178 posts
  •  
Muttley
@Chrisull -- I too am in sunny G7 covidland, just a couple of miles as the shitehawk flies from the venue.

I was at the physio a few days ago and we discussed "freedom day," of course. We agreed that it would be better if he were in the position to advise clients that they don't have to wear a mask than to ask them to do so.

Failure of leadership by the govt imho, and not for the first time.
Jul 2021
3:32pm, 20 Jul 2021
8,957 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
I went into M&S yesterday - wearing a mask as was pretty much everyone else with the exception of two women in maybe their 20s or 30s. The assistant who served me was not wearing a mask but was behind a screen. However it was unbelievably hot in the upstairs (possibly some sort of glass roof I think) and when my phone rang and a I moved to a quiet corner of the shop and took my mask off to speak it was a welcome relief for a couple of minutes.
Jul 2021
4:30pm, 20 Jul 2021
489 posts
  •  
oi you
In Sainsbury's today and most of us had masks on. The bit that puzzled me were those few who still had a mask, but wore it not covering their nose, or in one case even their mouth. Why bother?

About This Thread

Maintained by Muttley
About 75% of people in my local supermarket (and all staff) wearing masks this morning. As I underst...