Times in race portfolio

1 watcher
Aug 2013
5:14pm, 8 Aug 2013
23 posts
  •  
Bill
Mr Fetch Sir,

Times for three races I have listed are greyed out in my race portfolio and do not appear in my bet times list. I cannot see any difference to other entries and am baffled as to what might be the reason. Could you please enlighten me?

Many thanks, Bill
Aug 2013
5:16pm, 8 Aug 2013
678 posts
  •  
Lady Sol
Something to do with accurately measured courses I believe.
Aug 2013
5:21pm, 8 Aug 2013
3,940 posts
  •  
icemaiden
Best to use the feedback link http://www.fetcheveryone.com/feedback.php and be specific about which races are greyed out and you'll get Lord Fetch's attention better that way. Believe it or not, he doesn't read all the threads.
Aug 2013
5:39pm, 8 Aug 2013
30 posts
  •  
Wirral Dave
I would guess it's because they are marked as 'no' for official PB race. Looking quickly at your race profile suggests this might be on the three (look at the row just above the website):

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=73500

I've no idea why that field sometimes says 'no' or how it gets set 'yes' or 'no'.
Aug 2013
5:47pm, 8 Aug 2013
24 posts
  •  
Bill
You are correct WD, all are marked as no PB races. FAQ suggests that this is due to short measured courses and often an error. One of the races was in Spain, up and down a steep, craggy mountain. I have to go with the organiser's claimed distance as I cannot see anyone checking that course with a measuring wheel. I had enough problems just staying on my feet, it was that steep.
Aug 2013
5:49pm, 8 Aug 2013
3,942 posts
  •  
icemaiden
The person responsible for entering the race in the first instance can set the yes/no for PB. No-one else can alter it except Lord Fetch if the original person can't/won't change it.
Aug 2013
11:58am, 13 Aug 2013
226 posts
  •  
Stripes
You could just create another copy of the races with identical details but PB set to "YES". Then remove the old races from your race portfolio and add the new versions.
Aug 2013
2:44pm, 13 Aug 2013
3,839 posts
  •  
paul the builder
No, that's not how it works. The YES/NO field isn't settable anymore when entering a race, and never was *after* that point (although I wish it could be in order to correct errors made).

The reason the race linked to above (and others by the sound of it) are marked "NO" is because they are "Fell" races in the field for "Terrain".
Fell races aren't accurately measured and certified (nor are they intended to be). And a PB is meaningless, since every race has different ascent/descent, different surfaces etc.
So I suggest they're already correct as they are.
And anyway, fell-running isn't about the PBs, right? ;-)
Aug 2013
3:25pm, 13 Aug 2013
25 posts
  •  
Bill
Paul the Builder makes a very good point - enigma solved!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Mr Fetch Sir,

Times for three races I have listed are greyed out in my race portfolio and do not ...