Time trials - an idea

3 watchers
MAG
Nov 2012
8:17pm, 12 Nov 2012
159 posts
  •  
MAG
OK, simple idea what do you think... for a new feature/game?

Can use simialr functionality to Fetchpoint. The idea is you place a start and a finish for a route and maybe some waypoints. You stipulate if its a run/bike or swim (or mixture maybe) and the idea is to do the time trial. Leaderboards would show who has completed and who is the fastest. It could all be about speed or possibly could in the countryside could include some navigation to reach a waypoint to make it more about skill as well as speed. Just a thought....

MAG...
Nov 2012
8:22pm, 12 Nov 2012
14,083 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Like this? strava.com
Zeb
Nov 2012
8:46pm, 12 Nov 2012
773 posts
  •  
Zeb
I like (and could be a way to intice people to pick flowers...)
MAG
Nov 2012
9:49pm, 12 Nov 2012
160 posts
  •  
MAG
JohnnyO yes like that. Iv not signed up but the front pages seem to be a copy of what I was thinking. Darn! Hmmm but also good, ill sign up tomorrow see if there are many in my local area. Be nice if Lord Fetch can do a version? I had a few more ideas too, but I bet strava have covered them too.....if they have I bet it will be cracking ;-) hehe
Nov 2012
9:52pm, 12 Nov 2012
14,092 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I had thought that strava was mostly cycling, but it appears running is there too.
Don't know how much of an issue copyright would be.
Nov 2012
10:06pm, 12 Nov 2012
126 posts
  •  
southcoastclaret
I've been having a play with strava.

Not sure if it's just what I'm doing, but every time I upload a run, it automatically thinks it is a ride, and I have to change it manually. Bit of a pain.
MAG
Nov 2012
4:43pm, 13 Nov 2012
161 posts
  •  
MAG
Well I have had a good look and I'm not interested. I know lord fetch could do it so much better, and for it to be different enough as to be not stepping on toes. It was an original idea by me anyway....well I didn't know of Strava! There does not seem to be too many UK active users on strava either.

Could limit each user to owning 5 courses. Each course can be run/cycled by anyone (runners leader board/cycle leader board). The courses could be technical as to include certain waypoints (like up a big hill) to keep users on a certain exact course or even no waypoints and its a race on whichever route a user decides to take between two points.

You could then have a leader board of users winning on total courses run, and then you could foster real competition on certain courses....

Anyway it's a thought, but I guess it a big big coding job, but I think I would be fun.

MAG
MAG
Oct 2019
4:21pm, 14 Oct 2019
186 posts
  •  
MAG
Well 7 years on.....interesting to read this back!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by MAG
OK, simple idea what do you think... for a new feature/game?

Can use simialr functionality to Fet...