Time to mark your territory

48 watchers
Jul 2014
10:36pm, 3 Jul 2014
7,777 posts
  •  
Cheval de guerre Écossais
Welcome to my gang! :-)

Fetch told me that he's built in an automatic muppetry detector. Right now a van's being loaded with big blokes who'll be at your door in about 6 hours time, demanding to know what you meant by it.

Sleep tight ;-)
Jul 2014
10:40pm, 3 Jul 2014
2,007 posts
  •  
Le belle Grille
Huzzah! 6 hours is plenty of time to escape. Was worried they'd be round before midnight.
CpR
Jul 2014
10:53pm, 3 Jul 2014
2,376 posts
  •  
CpR
Le voyage (4:45pm) - I don't know who it was, but they went further afield than the M6 near Preston.
There's a trail of over 140 checkpoints from near Bury to Glasgow via M65 M61 M6 M74 and M8 and various other roads :-O
I suspect they weren't running or cycling
Whoever it was doesn't do Fetchpoint or Conquercise so didn't leave any other clues
Jul 2014
9:18am, 4 Jul 2014
4,638 posts
  •  
paul the builder
We could do with a muppetry detector for that (^^) sort of thing too.

Also - if the muppetry detector for bikes-logged-as-runs is based only on spotting faster than 4 min/mile pace (I think I read that somewhere, but can't find it now?) - then a slow(ish) cyclist is going to sneak under the wire still, aren't they?
CpR
Jul 2014
9:47am, 4 Jul 2014
2,378 posts
  •  
CpR
The one consolation is that whoever it was hasn't gained anything by laying the trail - it's only by joining the connections that anyone gains anything
Unlike Fetchpoint where they would have planted loads of flowers, or Conquercise where they would have explored loads of zones (by coincidence someone has laid a similar trail from Bradford to Glasgow, but a long time ago)
Jul 2014
9:47am, 4 Jul 2014
2,010 posts
  •  
Le belle Grille
The muppetry detector hasn't blatted out all my accidentally fast things from yesterday. I feel bad, in a non-King of Pop kind of way.
Jul 2014
9:59am, 4 Jul 2014
430 posts
  •  
Shred Betty
Hmmm, just looking at some of my connections, there's one with 4 runs and 1 bike - one of the runs and the bike are me - and my bike is slower than all the runs!! Do I get a muppet award for being a very slow biker?! ;)
Jul 2014
10:25am, 4 Jul 2014
3,664 posts
  •  
WildeRover
I suspect that you are referring to a particular 1 mile(ish) stretch with 350ft of climb that featured in the first 1.25 miles of a certain race this week. In which case I have overtaken cyclists while running up that stretch on a number of occasions. The advantage we had running it this week was starting near the bottom of that stretch. When cycling you probably had already done 1.5 miles of tough climb to get to that point.
CpR
Jul 2014
10:47am, 4 Jul 2014
2,379 posts
  •  
CpR
don't forget that connections are not direct routes - I've got a couple of connections on a loop route.

My times between A and B are obviously different to my times from B to A dependent on whether I do the loop clockwise or anticlockwise.

Also, if I go further afield during my loop, the times from B to A will be even longer
Jul 2014
11:57am, 4 Jul 2014
431 posts
  •  
Shred Betty
I think was WR, I also suspect I took a longer route on the bike - we went up the fireroad from the pay booth. It could have been a section near the top where we looped back for a second go on part the MTB trail (airstream) - I didn't look that closely TBH! I think you're right though it's quicker even at a more normal running pace to run up Cwmcarn than ride it - not sure I'm brave enough to try and ride up the murder mile, although it would make an interesting comparison! ;)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Here's a YouTube walkthrough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elkcWyiQ7rw

I'm building a map of common route checkpoints, based on everywhere we run.

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/checkpoints.php