tight hamstrings

1 watcher
Jun 2013
4:10pm, 27 Jun 2013
14 posts
  •  
posty john
I am struggling with injuty at the moment with tight hamstrings. Should I still be running?. Tightness moves from bum area to inside of leg to just above knee. I have missed races and training is nearly to nothing
Jun 2013
4:14pm, 27 Jun 2013
4,815 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Are you sure it's hamstrings? A pulled/strained/tight hamstring normally manifests itself more in the middle of the muscle at some height (for me there's a spot in the middle of my right hamstring, and on both sides at the insertion points into the pelvis at the bottom of your glutes).

If it's inside thigh, that could be adductor muscles.

To answer your question, you need to decide if it's a niggle that will go away and you can run through, whether you just need to rest or whether it's more serious and you need to see a physio.
Jun 2013
6:16pm, 27 Jun 2013
15 posts
  •  
posty john
Cheers. Seen 2 physio. Not helped. Due to see another soon. Just had 3 weeks rest. No improvement. The injury starts at top of my bum thought it was prifomas muscle at 1st

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by posty john
I am struggling with injuty at the moment with tight hamstrings. Should I still be running?. Tightn...