Threshold Trail Series

15 watchers
Mar 2021
7:10pm, 16 Mar 2021
13,864 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Wow that’s some challenges Lorraine!! Have you done any before?
Mar 2021
7:54pm, 16 Mar 2021
108 posts
  •  
MovingAlong
Anyone joining me at RTTS? :-)

Second ultra (or will be my 3rd, hopefully, as I've got another one in the build-up). Hopefully it goes better than my 1st where I made every mistake possible!

On an injury comeback, so might be very undertrained for this one - concentrating on making the start line as the 1st challenge.
Mar 2021
8:08pm, 16 Mar 2021
1,628 posts
  •  
Lorraine
GG I did 2 ultras last year, looking forward to the challenge.

MovingAlong I am doing RTTS over 2 days.
Mar 2021
10:41pm, 16 Mar 2021
13,870 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
In awe of 2 ultras in a year great effort both.
Mar 2021
8:37am, 17 Mar 2021
16,581 posts
  •  
jennywren
Sounds like RTTT postponement was an economic decision by Threshold rather than to do with restrictions by landowners. Hopefully RTTK will still be ok.
Mar 2021
10:14am, 17 Mar 2021
1,629 posts
  •  
Lorraine
Thanks GG

I do believe the other 3 events will take place.
Mar 2021
3:26pm, 31 Mar 2021
113 posts
  •  
MovingAlong
Sadly I'm out of RTTS later this year - just paid the Admin fee to defer to 2022. I've had an on-going groin injury that I've been 'managing' with a physio, but doing a 10 miler at the weekend has meant the groin hasn't re-acted well.

Was always cutting it fine for it this year - so sensible head on (for once!).

I'll keep lurking to see what everyone is saying and hope all your training goes well!
Mar 2021
8:44pm, 31 Mar 2021
1,638 posts
  •  
Lorraine
Shuttle buses and car parking are now available to book.
Apr 2021
8:43am, 1 Apr 2021
14,217 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
sorry to hear this MovingAlong but I think you have definitely made the right decision, its a long way to go in training let alone the run on the day. If you rest and get it fixed you can always do a smaller challenge yourself on day.
Apr 2021
9:32am, 1 Apr 2021
14,220 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Header updated to put our races and entrants in.

How is everyone doing? I hit my highest monthly mileage at 160 last month didn’t expect that number until at least this month I think I’ve found a consistency I didn’t know existed. I’m loosely following a 4 day run plan but tend to run 5-6 it’s amazing how it adds up.

The worry of injury is always there I have a sports massage booked for 16th April to hopefully ease off the tight hamstring - no amount of stretching is full releasing it. I also have a bunion (thanks mam & nana for ‘gifting’ me this problem) and it’s really playing up at the moment. Finding a podiatrist who gets barefoot running & doesn’t try to mould your feet into ridiculous insoles is bliddy impossible.

Anyway spring is here so here’s to better running weather and longer days!

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
Hi fetchies, I know from the ultra threads that there is a few of us doing Threshold races this year so a group to chat all things race to the xxxx

Race to the King - 19/20 June
jennywren

Race to the Castle - 26/27 June
georgiegirl
Lee Wren
Yumee
Lorraine + husband

Race to the Tower - sadly postponed

Race to the Stones - 10/11 July
Lorraine
MovingAlong - deferred - get well soon!
Corrah - doing the weekender