Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Threads about threads (or general Fetcheveryone.com website help?)

3 watchers
Feb 2017
3:00pm, 9 Feb 2017
26363 posts
HappyG(rrr)
Do we have a thread where people can ask questions about threads? Or wider about rest of this website?

Forums in other worlds have "General Questions", "New user area - start here" etc. type threads and they get "pinned" to the top so they are always visible.

Anyway, I've got a question - what's the name of the Film Thread? It's called something like "B*stard son of Kermode" or something, not "Film Thread" which did exist but hasn't been active for years. Thanks Fetchies. :-) G

P.S. I've just worked it out by going to Google (take note Mr Fetch Williams!!) and searching "site:fetcheveryone.com film review thread mark Kermode"

It's the "Hello to Jason Isaacs" thread. I don't know why they called it that, but that's the one I was looking for. As you were! :-) G
Feb 2017
3:03pm, 9 Feb 2017
7075 posts
becca7
There used to be a bit of the site where people could ask questions and those responding would earn "helpfulness" points but I don't think it was used very much.
Feb 2017
3:05pm, 9 Feb 2017
26366 posts
HappyG(rrr)
That's right becca - it was like a Q&A though. Would just be good to have a place where newbies could just post a "question about the site". And even though we don't have moderators, I bet lots of helpful Fetchies would be on hand to jump in with an answer.

How quickly would someone have told me about the "Hello to Jason Isaacs" thread? :-) G
Feb 2017
3:11pm, 9 Feb 2017
7076 posts
becca7
I was all poised to reply with that information but read the whole of your post and saw you no longer needed the info.
Feb 2017
3:22pm, 9 Feb 2017
20812 posts
Diogenes
Hello!
Feb 2017
5:56pm, 9 Feb 2017
27937 posts
McGoohan
Hello to Jason Isaacs and to David Morissey
Feb 2017
7:21pm, 9 Feb 2017
4579 posts
Wobbling
That's Auntie David Morissey to you.
Feb 2017
9:51pm, 9 Feb 2017
13058 posts
Dvorak
That's meta.

witterpedia.net :-)G

Tinkety tonk, old fruit; and down with the Nazis!
Feb 2017
8:44am, 10 Feb 2017
26373 posts
HappyG(rrr)
I don't listen to Kermode's reviews very often. But Roger Ebert was and Kermode in Guardian is my go to reviewers. Anyway, found it. Thanks guys.

I still think a "How do I do XX on this website" thread, pinned permanent to top of Forum page would be sensible. For noobs and the old but challenged like me. :-) G

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Merry Christmas and Happy NewG(rrr)
Do we have a thread where people can ask questions about threads? Or wider about rest of this website?