6 watchers
May 2012
12:58pm, 16 May 2012
60,086 posts
  •  
GregP
It was not broken.

Now it has been fixed.

Ostensibly benign dictatorship in action.
May 2012
1:17pm, 16 May 2012
11,157 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've had a bit of a shuffle, nothing gets past you :-) That there ad needed some more coverage, and the forum is a very busy place, ideal for knocking out a few hundred thousand page impressions. I've taken away the big Fetchpoint/UTMOST banner in order to do so, so there's actually less ad stuff on the page now - and the actual thread content is higher up the page as a result. Lots of threads have quite big headers, but there was usually a massive white space on the right due to their listy nature - so it's more like making a bit better use of it. Plus I'm phasing in some of the styling that I made on the blog pages. Plus yeah, I felt like it :-P
May 2012
1:53pm, 16 May 2012
60,088 posts
  •  
GregP
Ich schwöre bei Gott diesen heiligen Eid, daß ich dem Führer des Fetchie Reiches und Volkes Ian Williams, dem Oberbefehlshaber der Wehrmacht, unbedingten Gehorsam leisten und als tapferer Fetchie bereit sein will, jederzeit für diesen Eid mein Leben einzusetzen.

toast
May 2012
2:04pm, 16 May 2012
11,158 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Who do you think you are kidding Mr Greppers?
May 2012
2:10pm, 16 May 2012
2,500 posts
  •  
sprouty76
Still think it's all a bit big and iphone-ish. I'd make the related groups bit smaller, it's probably about as important as the lurkers & watchers count for most people and less important than the Watch / Stop watching thread bit.

Just my opinion.
May 2012
2:12pm, 16 May 2012
60,089 posts
  •  
GregP
Cheers Fetch :)

Actually the header looks better for the most part - certainly the 'Smell' header at the moment all looks impressive and shiny - and it looks like we've got thread-specific advertising, or even sponsorship - very nice :)
May 2012
2:24pm, 16 May 2012
2,501 posts
  •  
sprouty76
Ah, didn't realise there was an ad there (I keep flash disabled unless I need it on specific pages). That looks odd to be honest - I still think a header should cover at least the same width as what it is at the head of.

At the very least, I'd put the related groups alongside the lurkers / watchers bit, it looks a little out on a limb at the moment, e.g.

Thread Headers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 lurkers

3 watchers

Watch Thread

Related groups: none (why not make one?)
May 2012
6:14pm, 16 May 2012
417 posts
  •  
boulders
Me no likey Fetchy
May 2012
6:17pm, 16 May 2012
7,971 posts
  •  
Stander
Seconding Sprouty
May 2012
10:58am, 17 May 2012
11,166 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
The problem with putting the groups up there is that some of them are lengthy, and some threads have multiple groups e.g. http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=14192

Also... the stuff just underneath the thread title... that's like tools and info about the thread, whereas groups are an entity in their own right - and I'd like to make them a bit moreso in the future, by giving them some more features. Plus I really had to get that ad in there :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hello,

I've adjusted the thread header thing, so you get a load more space now to update your he...