This is a long shot - anyone know about nitro (rc) engines?

2 watchers
Jun 2014
7:06pm, 12 Jun 2014
22,330 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Ceratonia - thanks v. much, yes I got most of those tips from Google and Youtube, he's absolutely right. But very kind of him to dictate all those checks and solutions. I think it's possibly the fuel, so I'll be changing both. :-) G
Jun 2014
2:47pm, 13 Jun 2014
22,335 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Who'd a thunk it? £1.50 for the glow plug. It was going to be £5 online plus delivery. Got to love your local hobby shop! Fuel was a bit pricier, but fuel always is! The guy just laughed when I said my fuel was 6 years old. Couldn't light that with a match, he said! (I don't think he was suggesting that I should try though!)

So, going to have a go with new glow plug and fuel at weekend. Goodo.

FR, I was secretly hoping you'd be a fellow model nerd. nerd No such luck. Just a tough, outdoors, woodsman type. Whereas I am def in the nerd camp. Oh well. :-) G
Jun 2014
7:04pm, 13 Jun 2014
1,185 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
There's nerds and there's nerds. Go read the British values thread to see my nerdy knowledge of all things Scandinavian....
Sep 2019
7:52pm, 7 Sep 2019
5,403 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Just saw this thread. Oddly enough, I have extensive experience with glow plug engines 🙂. Presume that you got it sorted?
Sep 2019
9:26pm, 8 Sep 2019
32,334 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Driving electric now NE. But thanks for offer! :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
I'd love to say this is on behalf of my 11 year old son. But it's not. I bought it as a present fo...