They're growing up - support for parents

6 watchers
Sep 2016
7:08pm, 21 Sep 2016
34,112 posts
  •  
mad4purple
I know there's the pregnancy club, the getting fit after pregnancy and the support thread for parents of teenagers, I don't feel my general chatter would fit in any of them. :)

Is anyone up for a new thread?

E has just started school and is now going through an adjustment and subsequently is not listening very well.

H started potty training on Saturday but I've no idea if he knows when he needs to go, and after 5 accidents in close succession today I put him in a nappy for ease. I'm conscious of not wanting it to be a punishment, because he's only learning but none of those times did he hold it or seem to be aware he was going to.

H and E2 started nursery today, which may have hindered H's potty training, too much in one week maybe.
Sep 2016
7:46pm, 21 Sep 2016
12,230 posts
  •  
mulbs
*waves* I'm a fair way past the toddler to child stage, when I potty trained my boys I was a big chicken first time around and waited until the weather was nice so we were outside lots and could wash and dry clothes more easily, with my second he told me when he wanted to give it a go (sometime around 2 and a half from memory), but he developed a phobia about poo-ing so would get into bother from not poo-ing for a week. It was a nightmare, poor kid. We had so many books about poo-ing to try and take the fear away - Everybody Poos, Poo at the Zoo . . .
Sep 2016
8:17pm, 21 Sep 2016
34,113 posts
  •  
mad4purple
*waves* My boys are now over 3 1/2,we moved 2 months ago and when I tried in the summer I did them together, but that was a bad idea so I left it. Now it's nursery time and while he'll usually go when asked and has had a couple of occasions where he's said he's going to the potty/toilet there are also these accidents. I just hope it'll click for him. E has started asking to use the potty too but isn't consistent on doing anything.
Sep 2016
8:52pm, 21 Sep 2016
21,279 posts
  •  
halfpint
We are long past potty training but my nephew is that stage. We were visiting this weekend and he was very keen for QP (age 13) to witness his successes. In fact he was keen for them to pee in unison, QP using the loo while he used the potty. QP was not so keen.

It's a lovely stage but oh so exhausting. I just love how much they learn and change at that stage, and the lust for life.
Sep 2016
9:27am, 22 Sep 2016
34,117 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Yes to exhausting.

H will proudly wee and he's pooed too, it's just not often without telling him to go to the potty first.
Sep 2016
11:03am, 26 Sep 2016
6,890 posts
  •  
lammo
Look what Ive got

[84513]
Sep 2016
11:04am, 26 Sep 2016
6,891 posts
  •  
lammo
Oops try again

Sep 2016
11:08am, 26 Sep 2016
34,163 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Oh no Lammo, what happened?

And yes, Hey Duggee is a favourite of ours, although I've not got it on my iPad, hospital trips are usually accompanied by Minions, La Luna, shaun the sheep (or shaun of the dead as my kids call it) and Ben and Holly
Sep 2016
11:08am, 26 Sep 2016
21,305 posts
  •  
halfpint
That little face. What on earth have they been up to?
Sep 2016
2:05pm, 26 Sep 2016
6,892 posts
  •  
lammo
This was about 12:30 last night, after seven hours in A&E, thankfully Mrs Lammo did that, slipped down some steps and fractured some bones in her foot, I thought the bumped head was going to be the bigger issue.

As you can see she's in fine spirits :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Pinks
I know there's the pregnancy club, the getting fit after pregnancy and the support thread for paren...