There are some really Sexy Girls on Fetch

103 watchers
Jun 2014
10:25am, 24 Jun 2014
14,531 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
A copy and paste from 2012:

"I asked politely for people to stop posting on the "Sexy Girls" thread. I would like to thank the majority of the posters who respected that, and I know that some posters were dismayed that they'd caused upset.

As per my post, I try as hard as possible to allow free speech. Those that complain about the prospect of threads being deleted or about the onset of the "PC Brigade", whilst still continuing to post, should take note that it’s been a fortnight since I posted, and despite numerous requests and pressure to remove the thread, despite numerous postings that have the potential to threaten the reputation of the site with potential users and advertisers, despite the fact that I've not even been able to get to sleep over this, I've let all your opinions and posts stand (notwithstanding the rather pitiful trolling attempt last night), in the vain and eternally optimistic hope that some of you would see sense.

Your right to do and say what you feel like should be taken with responsibility. Suggesting that people should not post pictures of themselves if they don't want to be commented on is asserting your own right to freedom whilst curbing someone elses. You don't declare your sexual feelings towards other people in public, and frankly if you do, you're not welcome here.

For the last time, please consider how your contribution to this site impacts other people, because if you're not able to respect the feelings of other people, then I don't want you here. There's no thread lock, just a request. If you agree, don't post."
Jul 2017
10:11pm, 12 Jul 2017
9,135 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Fetch, this thread keeps appearing on the home page. I think it must be linked to it the "similar threads" box somewhere and folks are tgen viewing it.
Maybe it's time to hit the delete thread button?
Jul 2017
10:31pm, 12 Jul 2017
18,509 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I refer you to the post above.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
"I argue as hard as I can for free speech, and try very hard not to remove any content from the site, even if I don't like it myself. People say all sorts of things in "real life", and a website is not necessarily any different, it's just a different medium. Ultimately, you'll be the person you want to be, and we're all different.

But what I am doing is asking you to think about the way in which your comments come across, to consider how it must feel for unwitting people to be rated and commented on. And yes, I'm asking nicely if you could leave this thread to sink beneath the waves. I'm asking you to enjoy freedom of speech responsibly, because if your freedom comes at the expense of others who feel like they can't use the site for the reasons it was intended, then that's surely not such a great thing."

followed by.........

"I asked politely for people to stop posting on the "Sexy Girls" thread. I would like to thank the majority of the posters who respected that, and I know that some posters were dismayed that they'd caused upset.

As per my post, I try as hard as possible to allow free speech. Those that complain about the prospect of threads being deleted or about the onset of the "PC Brigade", whilst still continuing to post, should take note that it’s been a fortnight since I posted, and despite numerous requests and pressure to remove the thread, despite numerous postings that have the potential to threaten the reputation of the site with potential users and advertisers, despite the fact that I've not even been able to get to sleep over this, I've let all your opinions and posts stand (notwithstanding the rather pitiful trolling attempt last night), in the vain and eternally optimistic hope that some of you would see sense.

Your right to do and say what you feel like should be taken with responsibility. Suggesting that people should not post pictures of themselves if they don't want to be commented on is asserting your own right to freedom whilst curbing someone elses. You don't declare your sexual feelings towards other people in public, and frankly if you do, you're not welcome here.

For the last time, please consider how your contribution to this site impacts other people, because if you're not able to respect the feelings of other people, then I don't want you here. There's no thread lock, just a request. If you agree, don't post."

- Fetch