The XC thread

85 watchers
19 Feb
7:54pm, 19 Feb 2022
859 posts
  •  
stilldreaming
Eunice has stopped my comeback race as our XC tomorrow has been cancelled due to potential dangers (Woodland Trust own the land and have withdrawn access) :-(
21 Feb
10:17am, 21 Feb 2022
75963 posts
  •  
Gobi
sad to hear people got cancelled

Results were good for me I was 35th overall, last Brum League I was 76th. All in all a successful mud season for me be it cyclo cross or cross country. Happy to put away the CX bike and the XC spikes now. Now I focus on the MTB/road and enjoying trails with my dog while looking for road speed be it bike or trainers.

I am a duathlete !
15 Mar
9:50pm, 15 Mar 2022
164 posts
  •  
Alun
Added some more silverware to a very successful cross country season last Saturday at the British Masters' Cross Country Championships, the Medway & Maidstone M55-64 team took gold from Guildford & Godalming by just 24 seconds.
We'd already defended our Kent Masters' Championships M50-59 gold, taken M55-64 silver at the South of England Masters' Championships (behind G&G) in December and helped the senior men's team to the bronze medal in the Kent cross country championships 12 to score competition.
We also won the M55-64 team gold at the British Masters' Road 10k Championships in November.
We've one more cross country race left this season, the final Kent Fitness League match that was deferred after storm Eunice, the maths is simple, win and our rivals finish third or lower and we retain our title from before the pandemic.
The only certainty is that I will win the M55 age group to add to the M50 age group win in the 2019-20 season.
On Monday my attention will switch to road and track racing until the cross country returns in October!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Buzzards Sis