The Wall - Hadrains Wall Ultra

7 watchers
Sep 2020
1:41pm, 30 Sep 2020
36,676 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Excellent - good for you! Plenty of time to prepare physically and mentally for this one!

I was wondering about the staying awake thing. I suspect you're more of an ultra expert than I am, but (and I know this might change) would you aim to keep going until you get there or would you consider trying to nap for an hour or two at the Hexham checkpoint?
Sep 2020
1:44pm, 30 Sep 2020
11,682 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I think I'll aim to keep going if I stop I may not start again. I was going to do the every hour run challenge this year but didn't get round to it so I might do things like that over the next few months and maybe some back to back long stuff.

A friend did say she fancied Race to the Castle next year which I said I would do with her if she did, she wanted to do it over the 2 days so it may be a good one to aim for as well.
Sep 2020
1:44pm, 30 Sep 2020
11,683 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I have insured it so if I was to get injured/ill I get the money back, payments just over £12 a month I wont miss that & if I have to pull then I have a little savings pot to come back haha
Sep 2020
4:42pm, 30 Sep 2020
11,688 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
What a bleeding nightmare while on the site I discovered they had a sale ending TODAY as I need a new pack and spotted a fab jacket £130 down to £45 I thought why not I can return if no good. Well it decided my password wasn’t correct (it worked to book the race) and no password reset received then I locked it completely.

New account set up and it still allows me to access the race site with original account so hopefully some new kit will be delivered by Santa!!
Oct 2020
2:51pm, 5 Oct 2020
140 posts
  •  
SteveCRunner
I have a set of routes from a running holiday for most of the Wall, From the east at Great Whittington to Bowness, in case anyone would like them for leisure walking or running rather than the race fetcheveryone.com/routes-private.php?category=4638
Oct 2020
3:15pm, 5 Oct 2020
11,767 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That would be amazing SteveCRunner I plan on having a couple of weekends to recce some of the route.
Oct 2020
9:26am, 6 Oct 2020
141 posts
  •  
SteveCRunner
I’m glad they might be of some use. Note that they start and end at B&Bs so they might need a little judicious editing :)
Oct 2020
10:09am, 6 Oct 2020
11,777 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I couldn’t access anything from the kinks have you made them public? B&B start finish is awesome and so much appreciated

Be good to get understanding of the terrain. TY
Oct 2020
10:09am, 6 Oct 2020
11,778 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Grrr links. I even corrected it!! 😂
Oct 2020
10:17am, 6 Oct 2020
11,779 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Worked out how to find them! Thanks again will be most helpful 😃

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
I have often thought I would love to do this race but well 69m is a long way.

I can see entries i...