The vaporfly thread

3 lurkers | 88 watchers
Sep 2021
10:34pm, 23 Sep 2021
1,463 posts
  •  
Tizer
Yeah I'm happy to use these as a day to day trainer and keep the lighter, non modified ones or the adizero pro for races. I remember a time in the not too distant past that I'd never pay more that £100 for a pair, now £137 is a bargain
Sep 2021
1:10pm, 24 Sep 2021
4,229 posts
  •  
Kieren
Thanks Fuzzy. That's a shame. Hopefully birthday discount can still be stacked with other sale discounts when my birthday comes around. I quite like the trail shorts but can't bring myself to spend rrp on them
Sep 2021
3:59pm, 24 Sep 2021
74,823 posts
  •  
Gobi
New alphas have arrived, make the 4% feel firm
Sep 2021
4:12pm, 24 Sep 2021
458 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
My first impressions are AF feel a bit quicker than Next%

Doing a recovery run in bog standard Pegasus this afternoon, to start with every step felt a bit jarring without the boingy airpods.

I still have misgivings, but I know everyone in my wave at London will be wearing similar so it's daft not to go with them.
jda
Sep 2021
7:44pm, 25 Sep 2021
10,847 posts
  •  
jda
Fugly shoes arrived and I think they are even worse in real life than the picture. Amazing that they took a pretty decent looking shoe and spent a shedload on a designer to make it heavier and uglier.

It may be just the ticket for local lanes liberally covered in wet cow shit though. I think I’ll christen them in my 10k next weekend. But Christ they really do look bad.
Sep 2021
8:14pm, 25 Sep 2021
2,816 posts
  •  
Oranj
+1 jda :-) Mine arrived today and unlike most garish race shoes noone would give these a second glance.

I am sceptical of how my feet will react to 8mm of drop (I've taken measuring callipers to mine: it's almost 10mm IRL). I've spent the last 8 years running in low-drop Hokas.
J2R
Sep 2021
8:19pm, 25 Sep 2021
3,826 posts
  •  
J2R
Oranj, I'm the same regarding low-drop - most of my shoes are in the 0 -5mm range. I get on OK with my Saucony Endorphin Pros, though, which have an 8mm drop. I think there's enough different about the way the shoes feel that the drop isn't the most significant thing.
SPR
Sep 2021
8:21pm, 25 Sep 2021
35,283 posts
  •  
SPR
Oranj - That's one of the reasons why I wonder if I'd get on with the new supershoes. I'm used to zero/ low drop and proper racing flats. Would be extremely disappointing to crack and get no benefit, lol.
SPR
Sep 2021
8:26pm, 25 Sep 2021
35,284 posts
  •  
SPR
I couldn't run in 6mm Inov-8 F-lite 230s once I became a track runner as always felt my heel touched down before I expected. I might be ok in those now but I've bought the odd 8mm shoe and ended up sending them back cos the feel wrong.

Also the shoes being fairly rigid is another thing that would be a big change for me.
SPR
Sep 2021
8:29pm, 25 Sep 2021
35,285 posts
  •  
SPR
One of the things that could get me to crack happened today though. Two teams qualified for the National road relays (12 people total) but I was (I believe) 15th fastest...

Not quite cracking time as think I can get to the required standard but...

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org