The vaporfly thread

88 watchers
SPR
Sep 2021
11:46am, 23 Sep 2021
35,279 posts
  •  
SPR
I still can't get over how high those shoes look when you them in pics. Good discount there though.

I think the Reebok Floatride Run Fast Pro have been discontinued. Adidas selling Reebok probably means the company is in a bit of flux about future direction as well.
Sep 2021
11:55am, 23 Sep 2021
452 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
I paid 210 for some Next% 2s a week or so ago. Haven't worn them so will return and buy the ugly Next% at that price.

SportsShoes still have Alphafly at 170 (limited sizes now) and there was a code in England Athletics email yesterday for 10% off and free delivery.
Sep 2021
12:29pm, 23 Sep 2021
13,489 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
I'd take'em for that price. sorely tempted too, although I have barely used by Next% because of a certain pandemic and they are bright green and orange (and don't even match) so I'm not bothered about what they look like. I paid 250 quid!
Sep 2021
12:35pm, 23 Sep 2021
54,211 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I'll decide whether I want a pair of these once I've finished boaking at "speed meets meditative innovation" and "maverick spirit". I have more than I'll ever need pairs of 4% that I've hoovered up when I've seen them discounted, but I quite like the old-fashioned hideousness of these.
jda
Sep 2021
1:13pm, 23 Sep 2021
10,832 posts
  •  
jda
Fugly shoe. So what model is that exactly and how fast? I have some old VF and an as yet unused pair of alphafly that I bought shortly before covid stopped everything….
Sep 2021
1:15pm, 23 Sep 2021
453 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
I remember when you couldn't lay your hands on a pair of VF/AF nearing marathon season, constantly out of stock

The way things are going I'll be disappointed if there aren't a pair in my goody bag after London
Sep 2021
1:26pm, 23 Sep 2021
15,472 posts
  •  
larkim
Even I'm almost tempted at that price, but fortunately I'm not fit and fast at the moment so my temptation doesn't tip over the edge!
Sep 2021
1:27pm, 23 Sep 2021
4,678 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
That's not a standard Next % 1 or 2 in a new colourway though is it ?

It's got some sort of band that goes down the medial side of the midfoot that's not on the "normal" ones. Some other smaller extra overlays too - looks like it would be heavier, no weight given, but then no weight given for the Next % 2 either. Did Nike not used to publish the weight of their shoes ??
Sep 2021
1:32pm, 23 Sep 2021
454 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
Product details say:

"Less Weight
Updated laces loop through lightweight side sashes that eliminate the need for an arch band.They're designed to help reduce the shoe's weight and help relieve pressure on the top of your tendons."

I'm not concerned about weight, but I have used Inov8 flats that had something similar and produced large blisters where the side band thing rubbed a soft part of the outside of my foot.

It feels like there has to be a catch somewhere, this is a far bigger discount than they need to give. They'd have flown out the back of the Nike van at 160
jda
Sep 2021
1:36pm, 23 Sep 2021
10,833 posts
  •  
jda
Fugly or not, I'm having a pair at that price. I can always do my hard sessions in them if I decide they aren't fit to be seen on the start line :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org