The vaporfly thread

88 watchers
Aug 2020
5:40pm, 5 Aug 2020
41 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
Thanks again for the earlier help with getting a refund on a pair of VF before. That was where I had bought directly through Nike.

If you have bought a pair through another website, do you go through them or Nike to ask for a refund under two year warranty?

The site I bought through states that all products are covered by the manufacturer's standard warranty, which goes further than their normal returns policy for any item, in this case.
Aug 2020
6:06pm, 5 Aug 2020
3,799 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Your contract is with who you bought them from, so in this case the retailer not the manufacturer, so you have to deal with the retailer.

The retailer should honour the manufacturer's warranty - in practice this will probably involve them sending the shoes to Nike, which will probably take longer than if you do it yourself.

I'd phone/email the retailer to discuss first, rather than just sending them off to them, to confirm things.
jda
Aug 2020
6:06pm, 5 Aug 2020
8,042 posts
  •  
jda
I'd try whichever was more convenient first :-)
Aug 2020
6:34pm, 5 Aug 2020
9,981 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Surely running shoes can never have a two-year warranty! That will only be a warranty for defects, not for running them into the ground.
Aug 2020
9:56pm, 5 Aug 2020
35,026 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Pair of 4% on Nike size 6 half price
Aug 2020
10:02pm, 5 Aug 2020
2,163 posts
  •  
Oranj
Slightly OT, but I've managed to get hold of a pair of Hoka Carbon X nearly half-price off eBay. They do feel a bit odd compared to 'normal' Hokas, but it's going to be a while before I try them out in anger.
Aug 2020
10:44pm, 5 Aug 2020
42 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
Thanks for the above. This is Nike's warranty statement:

"We stand behind all of our shoes and gear. If your Nike shoes or apparel develop a material or workmanship flaw within two years of the manufacture date, we want to get you back in the game."

The ones I have were 9 months past their manufacture date when I got them, so it's not a full two years wear you get before you can show them a flaw. I wouldn't bother sending back a pair that just looked well worn.
Aug 2020
10:57pm, 5 Aug 2020
435 posts
  •  
Maccathecracker
FD - I bought mine from Sportshoes IIRC. After 13 months I assumed they wouldn’t be interested so went straight to Nike. They sorted a credit note after an inspection, reasonable enough and hassle free. I only used mine for races so they had a genuine 125 miles when the soles let go, the uppers looked brand new.
JR
Aug 2020
1:00pm, 8 Aug 2020
587 posts
  •  
JR
Off topic to but also sort of on topic. As I couldn’t track down a pair of Nike Next % decided too give the Saucony Endorphin Pros a go. Had almost as much difficulty getting hold of a pair of those too! Gave them their first outing today. Love them - really pleased. Feel very similar to the Nike Next % but with a little less ‘roll’ Personally I prefer the feel of them to the Nikes which I tried out. They are also a bit ‘cheaper’ at £190. Managed to knock 25 seconds off my last virtual 5km ‘parkrun’ today. Some of that is the training over last 4 weeks but I think a small amount due to the shoe.
Aug 2020
1:03pm, 8 Aug 2020
252 posts
  •  
ZenTaoPlurp
Where did you find the Pros?

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org