•  
Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not
Nov 2018
11:19am, 26 Nov 2018
3,788 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
I see that the latest batch has been released although it may be a little late if you're not a midget like me

20% off code too: CBM20

nike.com
Nov 2018
11:21am, 26 Nov 2018
3,789 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
next big drop due on 1st Dec in the new delicious blue colour, apparently
Nov 2018
11:31am, 26 Nov 2018
3,790 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
the magic appears to have gone from my 1st pair that I purchased from the Nike store while drunk back in Aug 17. There's some wear but no obvious signs that there's anything wrong with them but the spell has certainly worn off them. 250 miles on them in total, still completely wearable but not the same.

I wonder if I've simply over-worn them or just got used to them in some way?

Anyone else have experience in wearing some out?
Nov 2018
9:25pm, 29 Nov 2018
3,793 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
this evening for my run I wore my well-used Hoka Clifton v4. With about 400 miles on the clock they are just so soft and bouncy, I love them. In fact, I wonder if it’s the closest you can get to wearing the VP without actually doing it?

Looking forward to getting the real thing out on Sunday for one last time this year.
Nov 2018
9:43pm, 29 Nov 2018
3,331 posts
  •  
jdarun
Was going to try out my magic shoes today but it was a bit mucky out so I decided not to spoil them :-) Took out the Zoom fly instead which may be roughly similar, felt ok for a couple of kms at pace. First run/race on Saturday, if the weather is ok!
Nov 2018
9:51pm, 29 Nov 2018
3,795 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
I think I saw you’ve got the FlyKnit VPs. What model are the Zoom Fly, the v1 ones? The Nike range is starting to get almost as baffling as adidas. I think the new Zoom Fly FlyKnit also has some kind of carbon plate but the original version is simply the VP without it....

Either way I think you’re gonna experience quite a difference!

Will be very interested to hear how you get on JDA.
Nov 2018
10:03pm, 29 Nov 2018
3,333 posts
  •  
jdarun
Mine are just standard zoom fly as listed on the website right now though I got zoom fly flynit for my wife. yes my vaporfly are flynit. I'm expecting fireworks for the price I paid :-)

(not really, I'm not particularly fit at the moment, though my PB also dates to a similar level of fitness so you never know.)
Nov 2018
10:04pm, 29 Nov 2018
3,334 posts
  •  
jdarun
Mine do claim a "carbon-infused nylon plate". But I'm planning on racing in the vaporfly anyway.
Nov 2018
10:07pm, 29 Nov 2018
2,779 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Differences between Zoom Fly v1 and v2, from roadtrailrun ( which is a great site for really detailed shoe reviews ) :-

The new Zoom Fly substitutes:
- the mostly plastic propulsion plate of the original for a full carbon plate similar but not as wide as the VaporFly's

- the original's Lunarlon midsole for Nike new React but not the Zoom X of the VaporFly
- and the engineered mesh upper for a Flyknit upper with no overlays and no heel counter

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org