The Tories' next leader and our PM

35 watchers
SFL
Jul 2016
9:51am, 14 Jul 2016
798 posts
  •  
SFL
Presumably Davis and Boris have been set up to fail. They clearly can't achieve any of what was promised pre-referendum. I still have my fingers crossed that Gove will get the boot.

I'm guessing Chris Grayling is going to be deputy PM?
Jul 2016
9:58am, 14 Jul 2016
9,434 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Personally I don't mind Gove as Justice secretary, he's spent most of his time unpicking Grayling's ludicrous bollocks. Prisoners shouldn't have any restrictions on the number of books they can read in jail.

bbc.co.uk

How can you rehabilitate people if you remove the tools for basic self-education????

In fact if you read the Daily Mail, you could almost be fooled into thinking he's liberal:

dailymail.co.uk

Trouble is public opinion is so far over on the raving right, anything less than cattle prods and hanging is seen as hugging a hoodie these days.
Jul 2016
10:26am, 14 Jul 2016
9,438 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Gove sacked unsurprisingly. He had a falling out with May not that long ago.
Jul 2016
10:30am, 14 Jul 2016
5,865 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Gove out apparently. Maybe Priti Patel in at justice.

I feel sorry for Angela Eagle. No one really cares about her leadership bid, the launch was distracted by May's fait accompli and the nasty elements of the far left are anti-women and homophobic and just as bad as the far right for acts of violence and intimidation.

And I will say again, I do not see a female prime minister for Labour with the unions having the balance of power. I also think the first ethnic minority PM will be Conservative too.
Jul 2016
10:33am, 14 Jul 2016
5,866 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Please can May fine a space for Jacob Rees-Mogg, he's fantastic!
SFL
Jul 2016
10:34am, 14 Jul 2016
800 posts
  •  
SFL
"Gove sacked unsurprisingly" - that's made my day

"I do not see a female prime minister for Labour" - the word female is probably not needed in this sentence
Jul 2016
10:35am, 14 Jul 2016
24,743 posts
  •  
McGoohan
So... Boris has taken the knife out of his back, handed it to May and she's banged it straight between Gove's shoulder blades?
Jul 2016
10:40am, 14 Jul 2016
5,867 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Morgan and Whittingdale too
Jul 2016
10:44am, 14 Jul 2016
34,104 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
[Two out of three wishes granted, fingers crossed for Jeremy Hunt to make it a full house.]
Jul 2016
10:46am, 14 Jul 2016
9,439 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Rees Mogg is the Gestapo character from Allo, allo. A man so bonkers he stopped the experiment in British summer time not being wound back at winter by quoting from the bible lengthy passages and locking himself in the Commons toilets. A religious fruitcake.

Gove's sacking looking like bad news for liberals everywhere, commentators fearing the worst. As I said - cattle prods and hanging are obviously the way to go given current public mood.

About This Thread

Maintained by ChrisHB
Better here than in the Referendum thread.