The Sunrise to Sunset Challenge 27th December

2 watchers
Oct 2015
8:46pm, 17 Oct 2015
1,250 posts
  •  
Marchbanks
Hello, I have seen many fetchies have run this challenge over the years and was hoping some of you spot this and could help me with my queries please...

1) Do you have a route profile or remember what the route was like?

2) How many miles did you cover and how many hours did you do?

Messaged the organisers and there aren't previous results available unfortunately and there's limited info on the website so hoping you can help me out ... will be taking this challenge on this year (in 10 weeks - argh) raising money for Mind UK.

TIA
Oct 2015
8:57pm, 17 Oct 2015
4,909 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
I believe it's the circuit at Lightmoor which is 0.84 miles. There are two undulations and it can be wet with large puddles. For marathon distance the total ascent is significant (how about that for vague).

I ran marathon distance then stopped to drink rather nice mulled cider with brandy. Denzil's mum was enthusiastic with the brandy.

Fun event.
Oct 2015
9:04pm, 17 Oct 2015
1,251 posts
  •  
Marchbanks
Thank you WW. The cider sounds lovely... Looking forward!
Oct 2015
9:07pm, 17 Oct 2015
4,910 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
It's great fun. Not easy but Denzil is a great host, his mum lovely and the runners a great bunch of nutters.

You should be able to see my effort in my training log from December 2013.
Oct 2015
9:09pm, 17 Oct 2015
4,911 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
It's harder than Snowdonia :-)
Oct 2015
9:22pm, 17 Oct 2015
1,252 posts
  •  
Marchbanks
I will have a nosey now oh dear
Oct 2015
11:23am, 19 Oct 2015
1,602 posts
  •  
thesteadygroove
Yes it's good fun, I've done it a few times and this event in 2013 remains my only race win managing 50 laps about 42 miles in the time, none of the super speedy people turned up that year thankfully.
If it snows it add to the challenge and makes it more fun provided you can park up ok, but as WW said it's not flat, but all the lumps come around the start finish with a bit of a drag up to the finish if you are going clockwise.
You keep track of the laps by handing in a rubberband at the end of each lap, it's a nice low key event, well worth doing.
Oct 2015
7:14am, 28 Oct 2015
1,253 posts
  •  
Marchbanks
Thanks for that

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Spark
Hello, I have seen many fetchies have run this challenge over the years and was hoping some of you s...