The sub 5:00/5:30 marathon in 2007 club

1 lurker | 7 watchers
Jan 2007
8:44pm, 8 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
Footpad
Rest day for me today.... did 10miles yesterday which was fun!!! Got a 3,5,3 and 7 miles as my runs this week. Next week I am off ski-ing no idea how I will run so will prob drop back a week and repeat. Which lines me up perfectly for Silverstone as my 14 miler will be my half marathon! Nice 3 miler tomorrow.

Hope you mend soon PB
Jan 2007
8:45pm, 8 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
Toks
(((((((PB))))))) hope you feel better soon xxx
Jan 2007
8:50pm, 8 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
((((((PB)))))) take it easy. Rest day for me today - well rest from running and major stress from all the work that should have been done while I have been running ;-) I tend to work most after the children are in bed and keep going till gone midnight and can't do that when up at 5 for a run. That is the hard bit for me at the moment. Well, would help if I get on with it rather than posting on here ;-)
Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
((((((PB)))))) take it easy. Rest day for me today - well rest from running and major stress from all the work that should have been done while I have been running ;-) I tend to work most after the children are in bed and keep going till gone midnight and can't do that when up at 5 for a run. That is the hard bit for me at the moment. Well, would help if I get on with it rather than posting on here ;-)
Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
lots of my posts seem to be coming up twice today - wierd
Jan 2007
8:51pm, 8 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
oldbiddy
(((((((((((((((PB))))))))))))))))))))))))
Jan 2007
8:51pm, 8 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
Puffing Bertie
thanks u lot

Footpad - hope u have a great time skiing. Teen 1 is in France at the mo snowboarding and theres tons of snow :-)
Jan 2007
8:54pm, 8 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
PB hope it heals quickly.

Having sort of a rest day. Seeing as I have knee, calf and elbow problems thought it best if I stay away from anything high impact for a week or two. Went to karate and just stayed for the half hour warm up and avoided anything that involved knees or too much on the arms. So mainly walked when they ran and did situps, pushup, planks of various kinds. Left them do their "attrition training" to put my dinner in the oven. Instructor seems to have had a personality change over Christmas and keeps stressing to people to do as much as they can. Maybe he's stopped believing he's training the SAS ;)
Jan 2007
10:11pm, 8 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
I'm feeling your pain Moschops. My calf has suddenly chosen it's moment to start giving me hassle again - with a race in 2½ weeks! I'm semi-resting it because I don't want to be stupid, but it's starting to get me down a bit. When it's going well I love running, but when my leg plays up it makes me feel awful that I can't get out & do it. Not a happy cat.

:-(
Jan 2007
10:50pm, 8 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
Schnecke
'Stretch and strength' day for me today - supposed to be a sort of rest, but I think I went a bit overboard with the weights at the gym, so knackered I started falling asleep during 'Waking the Dead'!!!

Going to visit local running club tomorrow to see how I get on - a bit apprehensive, but they seem quite friendly - keep fingers and toes crossed for me!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone