The sub 5:00/5:30 marathon in 2007 club

1 lurker | 7 watchers
Dec 2006
3:37pm, 7 Dec 2006
0 posts
  •  
Mrs BooBoo LaBoy
Ok I feel happier now...I will definitely try and be a little slower though - I can clearly see what parts of the route made me speed up.

2 more things all: What does LSR stand for?

And how long is a Long run in your eyes? I thought it was above 10miles...this one today is the longest I have ever attempted and it felt fairly comfortable, so I wasn't sure really...

:-)
Dec 2006
3:37pm, 7 Dec 2006
0 posts
  •  
Mrs BooBoo LaBoy
I know Gobi - but that is why I need advice off you - and I will always listen to advice...as I know it's for me own good!
Dec 2006
3:40pm, 7 Dec 2006
0 posts
  •  
Mikuro
Oh yes Gobi, us little newbies still have far to go, much to learn... :-)

I find it's hard to run slowly when you want to get home and relax, or you've got something to do that's on your mind, or its freezing, or..... list could go on! I think I just need to run more to get the right pace. Not too slow not too fast...
Dec 2006
3:41pm, 7 Dec 2006
0 posts
  •  
Mrs BooBoo LaBoy
Or you need to get back to work...not that I do much!
Dec 2006
3:44pm, 7 Dec 2006
0 posts
  •  
Puddington
I did my first proper slow run the other day and I loved it!

I had to do it as it was my husband's first run since hurting his back 2 months ago, so this made me go slow.

I felt like I could have run for hours, really. And it's the first time I've felt in control of my speed.

It gave me confidence about stamina as much as anything.
Dec 2006
3:48pm, 7 Dec 2006
0 posts
  •  
Mikuro
Me neither Booboo....hence why I'm sat on here....!!
Dec 2006
0 posts
  •  
Mrs BooBoo LaBoy
hahaha - it is very addictive though Mikuro - once on the threads, you will never leave!
Dec 2006
0 posts
  •  
SLow run - is there another pace?
Dec 2006
3:49pm, 7 Dec 2006
0 posts
  •  
Mrs BooBoo LaBoy
Oh and I am really pleased that you have your very own Marathon place - you go girl!
Dec 2006
3:50pm, 7 Dec 2006
0 posts
  •  
Mrs BooBoo LaBoy
hahaha JohnL - occasionally some folk like to add a little spring into their runs...it makes them go faster - so does a rocket up your bum!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone