The sub 5:00/5:30 marathon in 2007 club

3 lurkers | 7 watchers
Mar 2007
6:27am, 4 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
Puffing Bertie
morning..........

Well done MT thats brilliant, take care of your knee.

im doing the RW training run today.....longest distance since me knee kicked off !

my trouble at the mo is my tummy.....i think it has a bug.......and it wont go away :-(
Mar 2007
7:13am, 4 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
Toks
morning pb!!
Mar 2007
11:29am, 4 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
Schnecke
String - have a look at the Abingdon thread to find out more - seems to be a bit of a Fetch cult!!!
Mar 2007
12:16pm, 4 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
StringSideUp
I know! makes me feel i'm really missing out. :(

But I have to do the Beachy Head mara which happens at around the same time...
Mar 2007
3:45pm, 4 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
Schnecke
Ah - well I think Beachy Head will prove a bit more challenging from what I've heard!
Mar 2007
4:34pm, 4 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
Puffing Bertie
Afternoon you lot

did my run......tum was ok but knee hurt.....grrrrrrrrr

there's always something isnt there? :-(
Mar 2007
4:52pm, 4 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
Footpad
Good to see you PB. That gel was the best I have tested so far.... like a squirt of fudge in my mouth :-)
Where can I get some from??? Hope the knee settles... to be fair mine ache too it's those silly hills. I think I will stick to a flatter course for my training runs.
No blisters with my new shoes :-) :-) ;-)
Mar 2007
5:34pm, 4 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
RuthB2
which gel was that PB? I had a 17 miler today - went well, but I think I haven't quite sorted out my carb intake yet, only took one gel halfway through and felt empty in the last 2 miles or so. Trying go gels - they aren't nice, but seem to work...

PB, hope your tummy clears up soon.

All this talk of the next marathon is scary though! think i'll get FLM out the way first...

how's everyone's fund raising going?
Mar 2007
5:40pm, 4 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
Puffing Bertie
Footpad - i get them from canada or US.......Maple leaf gets them for me or i know GregW orders them too, but for now im sure i could let you have a couple to be going along with.....they are very lovely ;-)

RuthB - is the Gu gels......yummy :-)
gusports.com
Mar 2007
5:54pm, 4 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
Mrs BooBoo LaBoy
Hey all.

Another 20 miler under my belt - felt much better on this run, but was 3 minutes slower - but feel great about the distance now!!
Weehee! :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone