The Shape of Water - (not the fish-man film) - June 2020 Book Group discussion thread

11 watchers
Jul 2020
9:11am, 19 Jul 2020
635 posts
  •  
Peregrinator
Excellent. Columba is down to do TMAM.
Jul 2020
9:14am, 19 Jul 2020
46,165 posts
  •  
McGoohan
McGoohan: "The Reader on the 6.27. Was it the writer's fault, or the translator's for this garbage?"

(It's a trick question - the answer is 'both' of course)
Jul 2020
9:30am, 19 Jul 2020
34,152 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Oh more comments thank you

Peregrinator thanks for your review

Also interested in talk of translation.

A while back a chat on twitter about Montalbano whose father had read quite a lot of the Books reckoned SS was the best translator don't know who the others were and what those books were like I was only aware of SS

I have TMAM on my bookshelf
Jul 2020
10:40pm, 20 Jul 2020
20,029 posts
  •  
Columba
Columba is down to do TMAM? Oh dear. I was hoping I could listen to someone else's explanation.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
Andrea Calimari likes nothing better than a lovely fish supper with squid rings and thick cut chips. Lots of salt and vinegar and eaten from the paper. Mmm-mm.

By contrast, his pal, Andrea Camilleri writes the adventures of detective Savlon Monty Balloon who solves food-crimes. Y'know, like Rosemary and Thyme off the telly. Only in Italian. His first Savlon novel was Shaky in the Water about Shakin' Stevens taking swimming lessons from the Krankies. I think that's what it's about, but I admit I only skimmed it.

Now read on!