Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

The Shape of Water - (not the fish-man film) - June 2020 Book Group discussion thread

11 watchers
19 Jul
9:11am, 19 Jul 2020
635 posts
Peregrinator
Excellent. Columba is down to do TMAM.
19 Jul
9:14am, 19 Jul 2020
46165 posts
McGoohan
McGoohan: "The Reader on the 6.27. Was it the writer's fault, or the translator's for this garbage?"

(It's a trick question - the answer is 'both' of course)
19 Jul
9:30am, 19 Jul 2020
34152 posts
Night-owl
Oh more comments thank you

Peregrinator thanks for your review

Also interested in talk of translation.

A while back a chat on twitter about Montalbano whose father had read quite a lot of the Books reckoned SS was the best translator don't know who the others were and what those books were like I was only aware of SS

I have TMAM on my bookshelf
20 Jul
10:40pm, 20 Jul 2020
20029 posts
Columba
Columba is down to do TMAM? Oh dear. I was hoping I could listen to someone else's explanation.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
Andrea Calimari likes nothing better than a lovely fish supper with squid rings and thick cut chips. Lots of salt and vinegar and eaten from the paper. Mmm-mm.

By contrast, his pal, Andrea Camilleri writes the adventures of detective Savlon Monty Balloon who solves food-crimes. Y'know, like Rosemary and Thyme off the telly. Only in Italian. His first Savlon novel was Shaky in the Water about Shakin' Stevens taking swimming lessons from the Krankies. I think that's what it's about, but I admit I only skimmed it.

Now read on!

Close