•  
LindsD
Plus it's spoiled further up too.
Oct 2022
9:52pm, 27 Oct 2022
19,510 posts
  •  
3M (aka MarkyMarkMark)
Difficult - how long do we leave it before we can discuss plot details in past episodes without spoiling things for others?
Oct 2022
9:59pm, 27 Oct 2022
7,496 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
Have a look on the Archers Facebook group. “As soon as an episode has aired, it’s not a spoiler.”
Oct 2022
11:13pm, 27 Oct 2022
18,653 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
If you don't watch it live, then don't read the thread until you've caught up if spoilers are important to you?

These days there's a synopsis on Wikipedia within about 5mins of something airing....
Oct 2022
11:31pm, 27 Oct 2022
9,398 posts
  •  
GordonG
I avoided this thread for a few days exactly for that reason
CK2
Oct 2022
10:16pm, 28 Oct 2022
1,493 posts
  •  
CK2
Me too. Just watched it tonight and agree with a lot of comments about the somewhat frenetic pace, especially in the introduction where I was totally lost, and good use of old doctors. I loved the Three Doctors special a few years back. The highlight for me was The Master. Sacha Dharwan was magnificent and I hope we haven’t lost him. Jodie Whittaker always makes me feel sad and her regeneration was particularly poignant ‘I want to see what happens next.’
Oct 2022
10:37am, 31 Oct 2022
28,333 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Just popping in to recommend The Devil's Hour on Amazon Prime. I was a bit let down by him as the Doctor, but this is great and would have made an amazing, if dark, DW story.
Nov 2022
6:40pm, 1 Nov 2022
5,865 posts
  •  
quimby
Ooh, we watched 2 episodes of The Devil's Hour last night. Just about to go in for another couple.
Nov 2022
6:25pm, 7 Nov 2022
1,350 posts
  •  
roberton
I got round to watching The Power if the Doctor a few days ago. It says a lot that I’ve only just watched it :-(

Agree with most of the comments here; CK2’s for example.

Good: Dharwan as the master was absolutely delicious.

Bad: a rapid series of things happening one after the other isn’t really a story. It is definitely isn’t a plot.

Good: the call-outs, the old faces, the celebration of the history was exactly what I want from an anniversary special. Lots of nostalgia in seeing Ace especially!

Bad: random Dalek appearance.

Unkind: when Bradley Walsh’s Graham appeared, it was a reminder that we didn’t always have companions played by people who can actually act 😝

Snide: the weather didn’t change with every shot, unlike in the previous Sea Monsters episode 😂

Summary: quite liked it, but very much in the “enjoyable nonsense” sort of way. Or a third Greatest Hits album.
Nov 2022
10:09pm, 7 Nov 2022
484 posts
  •  
LouiseRuns 🌹🇬🇧 🇪🇺
Just got round to watching it. Actually enjoyed it more than some of the recent ones. A bit less of the flashing, running around, whistles & bangs than has been the usual fare recently. Well, still there but with a bit of space for the emotional side, which makes a difference. Wish the soundtrack was better, though. All the bangs are perfectly clear, but the dialogue? I needed the subtitles for most of it...

About This Thread

Maintained by Legless
verdicts please