The Munros - Complete Rounds, Ramsay Rounds, Day Trips

45 watchers
Dec 2020
9:28am, 2 Dec 2020
2,363 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
Not a record for a winter Paddy either Totriornottotri 😉 [to quote Martin Stone from the new Fellrunner 'I accept that FKT is quite a descriptive way of describing somethng you're not 100% sure is correct or true but if an achievement is clearly a record, then let's call it a record - not yet another term we've adopted from the States. We have our own heritage, history, way of doing things and describing them. Brits have been chasing records in the mountains for more than 150 years. FKTs have only been around for maybe 20 years. End of rant!]

Seriously though not only was it a very impressive solo run but it looks like it is the record for an ACW round (the full list of completions is only updated once a year and currently doesn't show any 2020 times). There only seem to four other ACW completions to Dec 2019 - three guys who did it together in 23.56 back in 1986 and Nicky Spink's first round of her double which took 23.22.
Dec 2020
6:59pm, 2 Dec 2020
1,138 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
I only used the term because he had on his blog! I am definitely a more of a record person.
Dec 2020
7:17pm, 2 Dec 2020
2,364 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
👍 good man, i'll let you off then 😉
Dec 2020
7:34pm, 2 Dec 2020
1,142 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Ha ha!
Jan 2021
8:48am, 22 Jan 2021
1,277 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
mountain-equipment.co.uk

Munros in winter
Feb 2021
7:19pm, 27 Feb 2021
4,388 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Finlay Wild interviewing Donnie Campbell and Spyke ( current and previous Munro Round record holders ).

Spyke's internet connection a bit dodgy a couple of times, but an interesting watch/listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Pn1cyxibA
May 2021
9:09pm, 11 May 2021
4,470 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Anyone been getting out in the hills recently ?

I had planned to do lots of hill days this year building up to some big days, but family stuff has meant I've got out less than planned.

Did Stuc a'Chroin and Vorlich from the south ( the Callander Crags road ) last weekend, which was a nice change from the standard route, then did the Glen Lyon 4 today.

Thinking of the Lawers 7 from the north, ie Glen Lyon, and/or the round of Loch Treig ( 5 munros ) as my next targets, with a possible Ben Lui 3 at some point soon as well.

Then first big target would be all the Mamores, not sure whether to do a couple of half mamore recces or just go for it, probably the latter ;-)
May 2021
9:15pm, 11 May 2021
7,641 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Not been north of the border so far this year, but planning. Going to support a Ramsay in June and then up to the Cairngorms for a few days, going to have another crack at the 4000s (snow stopped play last time we tried) and then maybe some new Munros in the area, thinking west of Feshie.
May 2021
9:27pm, 11 May 2021
4,471 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Not much west of Feshie until you get down to the east Drummochter ones, do you mean the 2 east of Glen Feshie ? Great views down the cliffs into Loch Einich from Sgor Gaoith
May 2021
10:55pm, 11 May 2021
7,198 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Spent too long on Fetch mileage challenges and games of one sort or another this year to think of the hills (other than the Ochils), but after a good year last year (had to go up and down the A9 a lot to help care for my mum, got in most of the hills accessible from the road in great weather) I have the urge to Munroe bag again.

Also have a Ramsey Round on the bucket list

before I get too old, if my two partners in crime are able to travel up from Edinburgh for proper scouting.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to talk about and follow any Complete round attempts, Ramsay Rounds, to discuss and ask advice on day trips that you're planning, and anything else Munros related.

Jamie Aaron's tracker - completed in new record of 31d 10h 27m
geotracks.co.uk

About Jamie's challenge
jamiesmunrochallenge.run

Link to Donnie Campbell's tracker for his record breaking munro round - 31d 23h 2m
live.opentracking.co.uk

Ramsay Round ramsaysround.co.uk