The flu jab

8 watchers
Nov 2020
6:14pm, 24 Nov 2020
3,720 posts
  •  
jabberknit
I've never had one before and have just had a text inviting me to have one. I've made the appointment. As with others, feel it would be good to to try and avoid throwing more at an already overstretched NHS.
Nov 2020
6:43pm, 24 Nov 2020
15,995 posts
  •  
jennywren
I had a flu jab for the first time about a month ago. A very slick operation at my GP surgery that took less than 5 minutes from start to finish (and that included wrestling my coat off!). Don’t know why I haven’t had one before really.
Nov 2020
6:54pm, 24 Nov 2020
28,942 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Theoretically if people are socially distancing and meeting less people there should be less cases of flu in any case...all helps though.
Nov 2020
7:01pm, 24 Nov 2020
1,413 posts
  •  
BrianJ
I had it yesterday - am having the (slight) side effects today. Like Jenny in and out via a side door in five minutes. I know there's good reasons for having it as mentioned above, but also might be prep for the mass COVID vaccination program coming soon.
Nov 2020
7:05pm, 24 Nov 2020
2,527 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
I'd never had one before but the place I worked at briefly were offering vouchers to get the jab done at Boots - I managed to get one before they stopped (and before I left). Was left with a sore arm and not able to raise it above my head for a couple of days, but didn't see any reason not to get it, given how this year is going.
Nov 2020
7:23pm, 24 Nov 2020
5,901 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
I had a flu jab for the first time a couple of years ago, basically as I got a free voucher at work.

Been trying to sort one out with Lloyds , where the voucher works, but they are telling me there are no jabs for the under 65 in stock at the moment.
Nov 2020
7:43pm, 24 Nov 2020
46,224 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
I get mine done at work.

Think the uptake is big this year and they probably won't have enough ( they never do ) but the really vunerable people should have already been given theirs
D2
Nov 2020
7:50pm, 24 Nov 2020
11,943 posts
  •  
D2
Have the jab, you wouldn't have been offered it if there weren't enough to go round, better than there not being enough hospital beds to go round. I've had one for the last 20 ish years, firstly through work and later with age; I've always been grateful to the science that protects me. I had flu many years ago as a young person, it was unpleasant to say the least.
um
Nov 2020
7:53pm, 24 Nov 2020
3,731 posts
  •  
um
I had my first one this year (65).
In and out in 30 secs or so, very efficient, no queuing, waiting, or touching. I’d etc in the car park, Any jackets/coats removed in the entrance hall, so a bare arm and a doorway and a jab. Out the back with a one way system.

Only impact - slight Dom’s from the fluid in the muscle the next day.

Hope it works!
Nov 2020
8:00pm, 24 Nov 2020
371 posts
  •  
Shades
I've got my first flu jab booked in a couple of weeks. Last had flu about 20 years ago and it was awful.

But I'm happy to have the jab, seen a few NHS doctors saying if you get Covid and flu at the same time you could be very poorly indeed.

About This Thread

Maintained by Muttley
So I turned 60 this year and the NHS is offering me the flu jab. I'm in rude health and haven&a...