The Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home For Night Vale Mayor!

14 watchers
Dec 2017
1:14pm, 11 Dec 2017
32,382 posts
  •  
GlennR
I don't think I've ever mentioned this on here, but I found the live performance at the Union Chapel unwatchable, so much so that I walked out. I've found it hard to listen to the podcasts ever since.
Dec 2017
1:19pm, 11 Dec 2017
31,988 posts
  •  
Nellers
That's disappointing, Glenn. I've seen a couple of the live shows and loved them both. Didn't make it to the most recent.

Has anyone else stuck with Within the Wires? Into Season 2 now. It's fascinating, ina puzzle box type of way. We're getting enough that I'm believing there is a coherent whole behind it but it's being revealed piecemeal, like a complicated jigsaw without the picture on the box as a guide. Quite enjoying it.
Jan 2019
10:33pm, 8 Jan 2019
37,709 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I've just been playing catchup on this the past couple of days. Hadn't listened all year, so did a binge and while some bits have been reasonable, I've stopped at episode 129, A Matter of Blood Part 3. It is cringe-inducingly bad. Has anyone else persevered?
Jan 2019
10:41pm, 8 Jan 2019
5,404 posts
  •  
Dooogs
Haven't got there yet- I stopped a bit after Episode 100 (after losing my iPod - bah!) and need to catch up, although that's not encouraging...
Jan 2019
6:12am, 9 Jan 2019
33,672 posts
  •  
Nellers
I'm still listening but you're right, it's gone downhill. It still has Cecil though.

Did any of you check out Within The Wires? It's on season 3 now and I'm really enjoying it. We're still learning more about the world it takes place in through the eyes of one character/narrator each series.

Also ALice Isn't Dead was absolutely awesome, although it's finished now so you could binge-listen to the whole thing.

The Night Vale people have a few more podcasts out but I've never (yet) been drawn in (Orbital circus, Dreamboy, etc). Anyone else tried them?
Jan 2019
9:11am, 9 Jan 2019
5,405 posts
  •  
Dooogs
I liked Alice Isn't Dead and Within The Wires. Orbital Circus didn't do it for me at all - haven't heard Dreamboy yet...
Dec 2019
7:03pm, 9 Dec 2019
116,712 posts
  •  
GregP
I really liked the weather this week (159 - Cat Show). A rip off and mash up of a lot of other things but I liked it very much. Much more than the episode, certainly.
Dec 2019
7:05pm, 9 Dec 2019
116,713 posts
  •  
GregP
I’ve read back a bit. Seems it’s not just me. Early in the year I started listening from the beginning and was happy. Nowadays I dip into the most recent one every few weeks and am increasingly disappointed.

Much like modern KerMayo it seems to be all schtick and no heart.
Dec 2019
7:12pm, 9 Dec 2019
35,433 posts
  •  
Nellers
Definitely not up to the earlier standards. I still download them all and I'll get to them eventually. I listened to the heist pt1 on Friday.

Within the Wires is very good though, although this series is a bit less "what the hell is going on now?" than the previous series and I think it suffers for being more traditionally narrative.

I generally fast forward through the weather. Does that make me a heretic?
Dec 2019
7:13pm, 9 Dec 2019
116,716 posts
  •  
GregP
I don’t listen to much ‘new music’ so I always try to give the weather a fair suck of the sav.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nellers
Close your eyes. Let my words wash over you. You are safe now.

Welcome to Night Vale.