The Exile's Northern Soul Corner

16 watchers
11 May
7:51pm, 11 May 2022
8832 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
You may recall that a while back I posted a few links to some soul/ r n b sets that my friend Ian did for local hospital radio, they were very good. Unfortunately his wife died a short while ago, it was her funeral last week. He's done a set in her memory. It's really rather brilliant:

mixcloud.com
12 May
9:20am, 12 May 2022
29914 posts
  •  
macca 53
I listened half of it last night - really great stuff!!
12 May
9:22am, 12 May 2022
55387 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I had a quick listen. Fine tribute
13 May
4:34pm, 13 May 2022
29927 posts
  •  
macca 53
Spencer Davies 😁
Uh huh it was the Manfreds 😁
Love that early Rod “the mod” stuff too

I think me and Sue would have got on fine!
13 May
7:05pm, 13 May 2022
8839 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
She was a lovely woman Macca. Ian is devastated.
15 May
2:30pm, 15 May 2022
29930 posts
  •  
macca 53
Oh and I got some grit in my eye at the Joe Brown ending. I know the sang as a jazz traditional one - but that is a lovely version….

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Northern Exile
I thought I might indulge my "other" passion for your entertainment :-)

Feel free to post, but please do try and keep it soulful. No funk or ska please!

Here's how the FE Soulful 100 will work:

1. Anyone here can submit a candidate for inclusion, the only stipulation is that it's had an outing here before and is on our master list. I'll send a copy of the list to anyone who asks

2. I'll regularly publish a copy of the link to the You Tube Channel where the playlist can be found

3. Please try to avoid any tracks that have had commercial success, ie. big Motown. Lesser known, NS-orientated Motown, Gordy etc is OK though

4. You must post the link again prefixed by #FE Soulful 100 Candidate. Try and keep your candidates to one per day per person so we can savour the music, this is meant to be a list of people's favourites :-)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLEihqKCy_EqTgQRWcVPQRc_Vw-cUgk2_X" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>