The cold feet thread

2 watchers
Aug 2011
5:17pm, 2 Aug 2011
964 posts
  •  
Drell
Feet are a real problem. The much of the time they warm up after a couple of miles but when it's really cold they often freeze up again and then just stay cold for the rest of the run.

For many years I wore bedsocks and used a hottest but now T is always warm and seems to welcome the opportunity to warm them up. Round the house in the winter I wear woolly socks and sheepskin slippers.
Aug 2011
3:26pm, 8 Aug 2011
204 posts
  •  
Mrs mjb
I suffer in the winter, spring and autum (have had my gloves out in July this year though).

Things have got a little better as I have got older - I think it is because materials are better (tech Ts and light weight thermals, fleeces etc) where as when I was running as a teenager in the 80s long sleeve cotton Ts were the height of luxury. I tend to use lots of thin layers - even at school (where I work) I have 3 or 4 layers on indoors. It takes me longer to get on my other layers and coat, hat, gloves and scarf on than it does the 4 year olds :-o

The best slippers I have found are by Trekmates. They are designed to wear inside tents and are roasty even more so with my ski socks on as well.

I am just not looking forward to the winter when the pain of defrosting fingers, hands, toes, feet etc comes back :-(

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Drell
If you've got, or suspect you've got, Raynaud's, this is the thread for you. We can discuss strat...