The Belt Notch Club: get fit, shed fat, enjoy music

3 watchers
Apr 2016
9:29am, 10 Apr 2016
First-time poster!!
  •  
Mike G
I was shocked when I started using an old belt to find that I couldn't tighten it to the usual notch. I also know that I need to improve my activity levels as my job involves lot of sitting at a computer and driving. I enjoy running provided I have good music to listen to, but I need constant MOTIVATION!. So this forum is for anyone who'd like to chat about running, food and the best music to keep you moving.

Here are my goals:

- Run five 10k races once a month between May and October
- Be able to tighten my old belt to the old notch without wincing
- As useful proxies, reduce my weight to 76 kg (currently 88.2 kg) and reduce my BMI to 25 (currently 28.4)
Apr 2016
9:33am, 10 Apr 2016
12,916 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
Welcome to Fetch. I'm sure you'll find lots of support here.
Apr 2016
1:12pm, 10 Apr 2016
2 posts
  •  
Mike G
Thanks Chris. Ran 5.8k in 40 mins - bit slow but it was windy and uphill for the first half - my excuse anyway. Slower pace (6.48) than last run (6.34) but better than last Sunday's awful 7.10. Best tracks: Miss Atomic Bomb by The Killers and Since You Been Gone by Rainbow.
Apr 2016
1:19pm, 10 Apr 2016
20,809 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I get the same old dreams same time every night fall to the ground and I wake up
Thanks for that ear worm - I'm off to dig out some ancient vinyl :-)
Apr 2016
4:06pm, 10 Apr 2016
23,318 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Welcome to fetch

You have decent musical taste though i don't run to music no more, too many face plants
Apr 2016
4:53pm, 10 Apr 2016
178 posts
  •  
Heinzster
I dont tend to listen to music either, usually go for an audiobook, or no audio if im road running. Can definitely do with bringing my belt notches in a few steps though. This is largely due to being much too fond of food! Welcome to Fetch
Apr 2016
5:16pm, 10 Apr 2016
13,855 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Welcome to Fetch and good luck!
Apr 2016
8:11pm, 10 Apr 2016
5,390 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Welcome to Fetch. I don't run to music but I do have a belt that is on a different notch to the one I would like it to be on (and I will not divulge how many notches there are between the two!)
Apr 2016
8:28pm, 10 Apr 2016
514 posts
  •  
Vitruvian Cat
I don't run anymore, but do listen to music when training & have lost 7kg since Christmas. Today was 45 minutes on the Wattbike powered by Alkaline Trio.
Apr 2016
6:57am, 13 Apr 2016
3 posts
  •  
Mike G
Thanks for the messages and encouragement! 7kg since Christmas is brilliant Vitruvian Cat! It can be done! You've given me something to aim for.

I enjoy Audible books when driving - I'm listening to the brilliant Born to Run by Chris McDougall at the moment, and I've started watching TED videos when I'm on the exercise bike. I'll try Audible when running now...not sure I'll be able to concentrate, too much gasping but I'll give it a go. Next run is on Thursday....

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I was shocked when I started using an old belt to find that I couldn't tighten it to the usual notc...