The annoying headphones thread.

4 watchers
Sep 2013
7:27pm, 24 Sep 2013
361 posts
  •  
Fravage
I can never understand why some people wear the huuuge headphones while running. Their ears must be pissing with sweat by the time they finish.
Oct 2013
10:06pm, 14 Oct 2013
1,571 posts
  •  
Hackett
Anyone who is over 25 and wears those Beats Headphones deserves a slap. What is it when people wear a beanie hat and headphones on top of the hat which is covering the ears
Oct 2013
7:34am, 15 Oct 2013
49,094 posts
  •  
Puddington
Lol. I really want some of those Beats headphones but a) I'm just a smidge over 25 and 2) I wouldn't be seen outside wearing them. Therefore, I have to give in and accept that it simply isn't to be.
Oct 2013
8:09am, 15 Oct 2013
176 posts
  •  
Weean
I still wear the original headphones that came with my iPod Nano in 2008. All the rubber's worn off and they've gone a rather unattractive colour, but they are just the right size for me for running (they're my dedicated running headphones - I use a decent pair for actually listening to stuff). Unfortunately they were redesigned a year or two back, so I don't know what I'm going to replace them with when they do finally shuffle off their mortal electromagnetic coil.
Oct 2013
8:36am, 15 Oct 2013
8,647 posts
  •  
Kif-Kif
They've invented headphones now that work using bone conduction so you can her music without blocking out the sounds around you. That's going to confuse things... :- )

aftershokz.com
Oct 2013
10:49am, 15 Oct 2013
483 posts
  •  
Spleen
I was watching a mixed martial arts title fight yesterday, and after the match was over the defending champion, in addition to the usual branded T-shirt pulled over his head, had a set of Beatz placed round his neck. He looked like an utter pillock. If footballers wear them in the tunnel so they can psyche themselves up, that's fine. But he's not about to start listening to tunes when the MC is announcing the result of the match, is he? Were they even plugged in to anything?

Certainly didn't make me want to rush out and buy a pair. If I see a pair of Beatz on the street I used to automatically think "wannabe footballer", now I will think "pillock".
Oct 2013
10:54am, 15 Oct 2013
2,961 posts
  •  
Wobbling
About 18 months ago, I was having dinner in a reasonably nice restaurant in central Manchester. At a table of three, (two chaps, one woman), one of the chaps was wearing Beats headphones round his neck, as an accessory. I had to bite my fist to stop myself laughing out loud at him, pillock.
Oct 2013
10:56am, 15 Oct 2013
13,530 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I was given a pair of sunglasses to try out, with a handsfree that was supposed to work by playing the sounds into your nosebones. They were pretty lame.
Oct 2013
10:57am, 15 Oct 2013
13,531 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I have got some biggish headphones for walking the dog on cold days though.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I have real trouble finding earphones that I get on with. I'm starting to think I have odd shaped e...