The 5:2 diet

89 watchers
Feb 2017
11:05am, 6 Feb 2017
4,818 posts
  •  
sallykate
Well done kwala :-) I hope the scales were nice to you this morning.

Another 1.3kg gone for me last Friday, which was something of a surprise. Fasting today & tomorrow again as OH & I have decided we quite like just getting it over with.

Next week will be more of a challenge as he's away a couple of nights and it's half-term.
Apr 2017
1:57pm, 6 Apr 2017
5,976 posts
  •  
bigleggy
Been back on the for the last 2 weeks - 4lbs off and back under 14st again :-)

Trousers deffo feel loose but not quite ready to take my belt in a notch just yet !
Apr 2017
9:09pm, 6 Apr 2017
947 posts
  •  
Gromit
Yep working well for me again this time around too :-) been about 6 or 7 weeks and over a stone down , being able to be eating "normally" for the 5 days really helps :-)
Apr 2017
7:40am, 7 Apr 2017
3,739 posts
  •  
Tav H
I keep on trying this, stopping, trying again, stopping.

I'm not massively overweight, so would be doing it half for weight loss and half for supposed health gains. I also sometimes do it for a couple of weeks, just to feel like I'm getting back in touch with the feeling of not always having a semi-full stomach, and learning to appreciate food.

The weather's nice outside though, which is a good time to start again!
Apr 2017
7:52am, 7 Apr 2017
7,460 posts
  •  
lammo
I'm failing badly by trying to eat less generally, mainly because I'm a weak willed glutton, so may give this another go, it's only one day at a time....
May 2017
8:36pm, 3 May 2017
5,984 posts
  •  
bigleggy
4 or 5 weeks in (can't remember when I started) - about 6lbs down and a belt notch in :-)
May 2017
2:07pm, 4 May 2017
4,949 posts
  •  
sallykate
Well done bigleggy!

After a bit of a hiatus I'm back on consecutive fast days (still supporting hubby really). Still surprised that I can quite happily run on a fast day.
Mar 2018
3:21pm, 20 Mar 2018
3,744 posts
  •  
Tav H
I'm trying 16:8 fasting now - aim for at least 16 hours fast per day, I think up to about 20 hours is the longest recommended. It's definitely easier but I guess also slower to get results. And yes exercise is a big plus if you can do it on a fast day.

I guess it also helps to go more "keto" with lower carbs and higher fats - definitely easier to train the body to burn fat for fuel.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Spark
Anyone want to try it with me?

Info - m.bbc.co.uk

5 days of 'normal' eating and 2 days eating 600 calories (men), 500 calories (women).

Fast days are best not done on consecutive days, unless you have amazing willpower.

Helpful links-

pinterest.com

facebook.com