Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

The 4 Hour Marathon Thread

161 watchers
29 Mar
8:31pm, 29 Mar 2020
1640 posts
auburnette
Virtual half marathon for me today in 1:47:21, actually a small PB πŸ˜‚ I am going to be focusing on maintaining a decent base but building speed at the mile now. I don't necessarily expect London to go ahead in October - hopefully they let us defer to 2021 rather than starting again with a new ballot?
14 Apr
9:20pm, 14 Apr 2020
34 posts
linda c
I can’t even remember when Blackpool has been rearranged for πŸ˜„ hopefully give it a go though.......been keeping running, although 10 miles is about my max now. Really soul destroying after a few long runs in horrific weather πŸ˜•. Been enjoying my lockdown running though. Hope you are all fine 😎
22 Sep
6:27pm, 22 Sep 2020
48681 posts
Velociraptor
BOING!

Any 4-hour(ish) attempts at the Virtual VMLM or the few real world autumn marathons to declare?

I'm doing Virtual VMLM but haven't decided whether I'm going to run it in a single block or divide the mileage up over the day. No matter what, I can't imagine doing sub-4hrs in a solo run from home.
4 Oct
7:09pm, 4 Oct 2020
1744 posts
auburnette
I did 4:01:52 at virtual VLM which was also a very small real race: the Kent Spring Marathon (taking place in October because Covid).

I was still on track for sub 4 at 20 miles but lost quite a bit of time over the last 10k which had some unfortunate undulations which I just didn't have enough left to deal with. I'm still very pleased with the time as it's not the course (or conditions!) I would have chosen for an attempt at my fastest marathon and I feel like I should be on for a convincing sub 4 next year- think my target on a flatter faster course would be about 3:45-3:50 if I can keep the miles up. I went a bit off plan in the last month due to a bit of tendinitis πŸ˜ƒ
4 Oct
7:31pm, 4 Oct 2020
48990 posts
Velociraptor
Well done, auburnette medal

I was way adrift of sub-4 but pretty much spot on my aspirational time.
4 Oct
10:26pm, 4 Oct 2020
12824 posts
Markymarkmark
Good going Auburnette!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Velociraptor
A planning, discussion and support thread for Fetchies with a target of under 4 hours for the marathon.

2019 ACHIEVEMENTS!
medalBlindcider: 3:57:54 Yorkshire Marathon
medalMarkymarkmark: 3:52:16 Yorkshire Marathon

UPCOMING SUB-4 ATTEMPTS!

CANCELLED/POSTPONED MARATHONS REMOVED.