That was the week that was, this is the week that is

10 watchers
May 2022
5:10pm, 9 May 2022
57,927 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
The week that was: Week 2 post-marathon and Week 1 of my current attempt to quit work. 32.1 miles of running including a 10k race and a steady effort at parkrun, 115 miles of cycling, some walking, my first swim for three years and my first resistance training session for six months.

The week that is: Will be front-loaded because I have a half marathon on Sunday and have a time in mind. At least one swim and two resistance training sessions.
May 2022
5:18pm, 9 May 2022
1,334 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
Sounds great Velociraptor and nice plan!

Week that was: very unplanned, didn’t know what I was doing, do I taper, do I recover, do I need to top off my training, well I still don’t know what I was doing.

The week that is:
Well now I’m in taper mode.

I will just run easy, real low effort runs.
Maybe, just maybe, an easy fartlek in the middle of the week with carful strides in Mara speed. Then Sunday CPH marathon..
May 2022
5:24pm, 9 May 2022
57,928 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
That sounds like a good way to spend the last week before a target marathon, Bowman 🇸🇪 :) I did a run that included 12 x 200m efforts midweek before my marathon just to keep my legs entertained, wondered if it had been the wrong thing to do, but got away with it.
May 2022
5:31pm, 9 May 2022
1,335 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
No I think you have to do something like that. Just to feel the speed a bit.
No overdoing, and no all outs, just feel the tempo for a few moments :)
May 2022
6:20pm, 9 May 2022
42,274 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Good luck with Copenhagen Bowman. Sounds like you are approaching it in good shape.

Week Was: Well, I was on a mini-taper slowdownyoumovetoofast last week, with just a couple of easy runs, a gym, a massage and no parkrun. The 10 miler on Sunday went well, about a minute or so inside my goal time, which got me 71% WAVA.

Week Will Be: slightly sore right achilles, so bit of TLC at gym and cautious restart to runs, nothing big. Aided by marshalling Saturday at club half marathon and all day Sunday at my *other* hobby, so very little weekend running too. :-) G
May 2022
11:11pm, 9 May 2022
968 posts
  •  
riggys99
Good luck Bowman 🇸🇪 looking forward to reading about a successful race.

Hope the Achilles recovers well HappyG(rrr)

The week that was- a little over 50 miles finishing the week with some runs at the coast.

The week that is - continue to build the base mileage. Some double run days with commuting to and from work.
Have a good week folk 😁
May 2022
8:54am, 10 May 2022
42,281 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Thanks riggys. Good luck in your build up. Are you doing multi-day, multi-marathon? :-) G
May 2022
9:26am, 10 May 2022
76,841 posts
  •  
Gobi
Morning all

Last week saw highlights of 8 x 200s at 3k pace in a 10mile run, hill climb pb and 3rd overall. Plus a duathlon with 2nd overall. Racked up some good outdoor bike miles on the road and mtb.

This week, I'm racing a 5km on Friday while trying to get good road and mtb time as I enter the final stages of prep for my trip to Romania where I have 2 races in 6 days and finally the end of a 6 Month preparation block. Track last night was 5km down to mile based.

Fun times
May 2022
9:31am, 10 May 2022
57,946 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
The life of an elite Masters athlete, Gobi :)
May 2022
10:23am, 10 May 2022
76,843 posts
  •  
Gobi
Lol Velociraptor , elite is such a dirt word for an enthusiastic amateur :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by riggys99
A thread to reflect on the previous weeks training and what our plans are for this week’s training. Doesn’t have to been Monday to Sunday can be however you want.

Reflect on what went well what didn’t )and why to both)
Plan what you want to do and why