Thank you RFJ

2 watchers
Oct 2020
1:20pm, 21 Oct 2020
3,601 posts
  •  
Mr. K.
Hey fellow Fetchies I`m sure you have seen this but today one of my favorite Fetchies has hung up his running shoes.

RFJ was there when I first starting running. I have had the pleasure of seeing Matt on many, many different occasions. A true beacon of a man & a true example of a Fetchie & a fantastic great runner.

Thanks again Matt for being you, thanks for the support, encouragement & laughs over the years.

Take care & hopefully see you soon.

K.

fetcheveryone.com/blog/1731

fetcheveryone.com/motm

parkrun.org.uk
Oct 2020
2:39pm, 22 Oct 2020
5,094 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Hear, hear! A great encourager in so many ways.

It's been great to meet up with you at events like the Kent Roadrunner Marathon where your twice-a-lap encouragement was received by us all as you ran the opposite way. Click on most YouTube race clips and Matt will be there.

Keep in touch, mate.
Oct 2020
9:16am, 23 Oct 2020
3,252 posts
  •  
Goofee
I got twice-a-lap abuse at the Kent Roadrunner due to my footballing allegiance! :-)

As I mentioned on one of his recent blogs, he was at my first ever Fetch event, pacing a group of us and later encouraging me to join a running club. Subsequently, I met him at various events and parkruns - always friendly, supportive and a pleasure to bump into.

Best of luck with everything, Matt!
Oct 2020
2:35pm, 23 Oct 2020
36,195 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lovely chap, I get to post my pic again, from our chatty in race chat at Edinburght marathon.

Wishing you all the best in your running retirement and know you will always be part of the running community. :-) G
Oct 2020
10:40am, 25 Oct 2020
1,473 posts
  •  
-Monty-
Yep well said Mr K.

He’s always supported and been there for me in more ways than one. Shared many a car journey to fetch socials and races. Has done more races than I probably ever could do. Introduced me into the world of parkruns in 2007 (I think!). I’m always amazed at how many people he knows around the country, at whatever race we went to and can remember their names too!

I’ve also lost count on how many training runs that we’ve done over the years to find that it’s suddenly gone quiet and to turn around to find that he’s fallen again over something that I could never find!

I know how much you hate bikes but has made the strong decision to transfer and start to use it. Hang those trainers up with pride RFJ. You well and truly earned the rest! ❤️❤️
Dec 2020
5:49pm, 4 Dec 2020
393 posts
  •  
Silent Night Runner
I’ve just seen that on my list of next targets for badges is:

The Halo Badge
RARITY INDEX #1

Claimed by 1 owner

For the exceptional RFJ

:-)

I’m not sure how I go about claiming that one... I think it’s going to remain rarity index #1 (and quite rightly so).

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mr. K.
Hey fellow Fetchies I`m sure you have seen this but today one of my favorite Fetchies has hung up hi...