Tenosynovitis

1 watcher
Sep 2012
11:42am, 27 Sep 2012
20 posts
  •  
andrewmasca
morning,

Been off the running scene since March when failing to finish a half marathon (had issues September previously). After numerous podiatrist appointments and treatments, finally had some ultra sound scans yesterday all 6 of them on my feet and ankles, where the radiographer suggested fibrosis and Tenosynovitis of my Flexor hallucis longus (tendon which runs under the foot from the big toe to the heel). Her suggested treatments was anti inflams and/or a cortisone injection usually clears it up. Which i've already had both to no success, has anyone else this injury, where anti inflams/ injection hasn't cleared it up? if so what was done? It been 7 months now and beginning to seriously get me down. Back at the podiatrist in 3 weeks so get to know my fate then.
Sep 2012
12:17pm, 27 Sep 2012
21,113 posts
  •  
cabletow
This injury is a marker of clawed toe running. You are clawing up your toes. Grabbing your shoes or running as if in flip flops.

If you continue to run with this technical flaw the injury will not heal regardless of how many injections you have.

You need to spread your toes, this will be much harder to do in thick cushioned shoes. Ironically this is one injury that responds well to barefoot running.
Sep 2012
5:45pm, 27 Sep 2012
140 posts
  •  
d87heaven
Have you had any soft tissue work done to the lower leg?
Sep 2012
3:24pm, 29 Sep 2012
21 posts
  •  
andrewmasca
all i've had so far is anti inflams, cortisone injection, massages and exercise program and insoles of the poditrist.

Would have thought clawed toe running is something that i would have had all the time? Not something what develops after x amount of years of running?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
morning,

Been off the running scene since March when failing to finish a half marathon (had issue...