Telford Parkrun

7 watchers
Jul 2011
1:44pm, 7 Jul 2011
883 posts
  •  
Jogging Jon
Mrs JJ and I want to set up a Parkrun in Telford, Shropshire. In order to get things moving we need to establish a planning group of people from the Telford area who are prepared to give a little time now and again to get this idea off the ground. We believe that a Parkrun in Telford has a lot of potential. There are a number of running clubs in the area and the nearest Parkruns are in Birmingham and Worcester.

If you would like to help us or have any experiences or suggestions to share please contribute below or fmail me.

Thanks
Jul 2011
2:59pm, 26 Jul 2011
225 posts
  •  
Karizma
Was good to meet you both down at Brueton. Any news yet? My efforts near me have fallen completely on their face. Get more of a response from tumble weed. Hope you're having better luck.
Dec 2012
1:24pm, 2 Dec 2012
933 posts
  •  
Jogging Jon
After several attempts over recent years Telford is at last getting its very own parkrun. Thanks to a determined group of runners led by Chris Richards and fantastic support and funding from Telford and Wrekin Council everything looks set for the inaugural event in mid February 2013. We are still trying working on a final route but it looks like being a potentially fast course with a slight net downhill, all on tarmac traffic free paths. There is plenty of free car parking near the start / finish and even a visitor centre which has a cafe selling hot / cold drinks, snacks (including bacon baps £1.50) and cakes. This promises to be one the best parkruns in the Midlands. We need volunteers and runners, express your support and interest below.
Dec 2012
4:39pm, 2 Dec 2012
22,585 posts
  •  
Raptors claws are coming to town
Fabulous! Where in Telford will the Parkrun be? I can imagine you've been spoiled for choice :)
Dec 2012
5:07pm, 2 Dec 2012
2,842 posts
  •  
heebie the hard-nosed reindeer
Wonderful! I'd love to come and run. And eat bacon.
Dec 2012
5:07pm, 2 Dec 2012
45,752 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
REALLY??????

what woth that and Wolvo, my cup runneth over
:)
Dec 2012
5:13pm, 2 Dec 2012
15 posts
  •  
Rodney
I would be interested. following with interest.
Dec 2012
6:18pm, 2 Dec 2012
First-time poster!!
  •  
sfb350
Bacon Baps ! Mmmmmmmm ;-)

Looking forward to the Telford Parkrun (found my way here from the FB page, thank you JJ)
Dec 2012
9:26pm, 2 Dec 2012
934 posts
  •  
Jogging Jon
Welcome to facebook sfb350
Dec 2012
10:17pm, 20 Dec 2012
First-time poster!!
  •  
Delais
Hi
I use to be a director of Banstead Woods park run and have recently moved to Shropshire. Let me known what help you need.
Geoff

About This Thread

Maintained by Jogging Jon
Mrs JJ and I want to set up a Parkrun in Telford, Shropshire. In order to get things moving we need ...