Taunton Marathon

9 watchers
Apr 2012
2:02pm, 2 Apr 2012
161 posts
  •  
babsaf
Paul a, i think I'd still be going if i had to go around a second time! Great time though.

djwatson74, sorry to hear you've been ill. But well done on doing it. That 'little' hill wasnt so bad, but I did walk up the hill from the last water stop. But I did walk it faster than I was running it!!

mickeysalz well done on the PB & good luck with the London Marathon. Fingers crossed you get good weather conditions on that day too.
Apr 2013
9:43pm, 1 Apr 2013
63 posts
  •  
Devoted2Distance
Waaaaaaaa not long to go now!!

Excited about this one - not run it before, it's an alternative to Gloucester and Cotswolds for me given that they were both cancelled!

Ran 3.23 at Abo last year and 1.28 half last month so things are looking good...
Apr 2013
9:49pm, 1 Apr 2013
64 posts
  •  
Devoted2Distance
Does anyone know if there is anyone I can give drinks to at the start to have at one of the water stations along the route? I don't really do carrying things.
Apr 2013
10:25pm, 5 Apr 2013
65 posts
  •  
Devoted2Distance
Well I'm excited if no one else ;)

Travelling down tomorrow wheeeeeeee. Bit of shopping in Lush then dinner in Prezzo. Perfect

Have a good one everyone. By the way I e-mailed John Lewis (this is the race organiser's name, honest) and he said if we get drinks in before 10:00am they can be left at the water stations.
Apr 2013
10:32pm, 5 Apr 2013
578 posts
  •  
djwatson74
Not running this year,but helping. Will be a great day. Weather looking ideal.

Good luck!
Apr 2013
10:36pm, 5 Apr 2013
10,078 posts
  •  
paul a
Will be out on Sunday, running with a first time marathoner with an easy paced 3:30 planned.
Apr 2013
10:30pm, 7 Apr 2013
66 posts
  •  
Devoted2Distance
think you spurred me on today paul?

bloody awful run for me. i was on for around 3.10 at the 20 mile mark (plus 2nd woman!) but it all just fell apart in the last 10k and i ended up runnin 3.35 :(

think i need to get energy sorted better.. i just take on some coke and water and it's just not enough. plus it's annoying 'cause my legs are fine, my respiratory system seems to give up first and i fee like i'm going to have a heart attack..even though i felt pretty comfortable up to 20 miles! wonder whether it's something to do with those odd blood test results :-/

ah well, we live and we learn... i will be trialling gels for my next mara at the end of the month.

at least i got a cracking tan!

fantastic organisation at this event, really impressed. and for £17? why can't other events be so affordable?!
Apr 2013
10:30pm, 7 Apr 2013
67 posts
  •  
Devoted2Distance
and only 87 marathons 'til the 100 marathon club!! ;)
Apr 2013
6:50am, 8 Apr 2013
10,082 posts
  •  
paul a
I tried to help D2D, sorry you had a bad run - you looked very upset at the finish.
Apr 2013
1:44pm, 12 Apr 2013
68 posts
  •  
Devoted2Distance
yeah, i was destroyed. i should have realised i went off too fast - my first mile was 6.35! i will get this fuelling lark sorted and come back stronger at stratford at the end of the month then milton keynes in may, onwards and upwards..

About This Thread

Maintained by
Looking forward to running a couple of laps of Taunton in a few weeks. Anybody joining me?