•  
TZ
:-) Do I get a trophy for my second place? ;-) LOL
Apr 2014
7:09am, 12 Apr 2014
237 posts
  •  
southcoastclaret
Well I did it. 3:32:41 - missed my 3:30 target, but managed my primary aim of running all the way for the first time. Had to zip up my mansuit for the last 6 miles having probably overcooked it a little earlier on. Amazing how that Rumwell Hill grew by the time I got to it a second time.

Really good event. I didn't mind it being quieter on the second lap, though it did seem strange (though totally understandable) that most of the supporters had gone - they were cheering me on whilst it was relatively easy, but not there when it got tough! The only bit I didn't really like was the second time through the town centre - roads were open again, and the pavements were packed with pedestrians - in fact some marshalls had to jump in and stop a load of people crossing a pedestrian crossing right into me and another guy, despite there being a radio broadcast van with a tanoy giving commentary and asking people not to impede the runners!

Definitely recommend it though, and though London was an amazing experience, I enjoyed this much more - being able to run freely from the start, and some very nice countryside. Very well organised and nice atmosphere, all for a very reasonable entry fee!
Mar 2015
9:29pm, 24 Mar 2015
12 posts
  •  
fish-erman friends
Anybody doing this one on the 12th April 2015 because it looks like a very quiet course with out any fetch talking ;) just winding down from the ships treadmill, so they won't need the generator tonight. Docking Thursday so should get a few land miles before the camping trip to Bream. Nice to have a course profile, before i take this one on, as the map don't say it in so many words :) Southcoastclaret your time is not in my sights, as i decided not to follow a training plan this time. Think the water wall could have a few pebbles stones :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by mickeysalz
Looking forward to running a couple of laps of Taunton in a few weeks. Anybody joining me?