Taper Tragedies

4 watchers
Apr 2013
10:37am, 8 Apr 2013
802 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
Not a taper tragedy, but never ever try to train for a marathon that falls just after lambing. Lining up for 26 miles on a net weeks sleep of just over 8 hours for the previous week was not a good idea. From mile 13 I was hallucinating like crazy.
Apr 2013
12:30pm, 8 Apr 2013
48,110 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Stubbing my toe on marathon morning

But I dont taper really
:)
I do hallucinate sometimes
Apr 2013
3:52pm, 8 Apr 2013
1,358 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
My best taper was when I did the Walt Disney Marathon in Florida. In the 10 days before the marathon I did one 10 miler and a couple of 6 milers. Apart from that I didn't run at all but I did spend all day everyday walking around the theme parks (probably about 6 or 7 miles a day) and on the day I was really happy with my race, despite hardly sleeping the night before. It all felt good. In other marathon's I've never quite got it right - I've either done my 23 mile run and stopped and not done enough or else done the long run too late and tried to do too much. So somewhere in there the perfect taper does exist!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mushroom
Ran my last 20miler over the weekend, before Manchester marathon in 3 weeks time. Training has been ...