Tag team

21 watchers
Jan 2021
5:00pm, 19 Jan 2021
38,643 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Next Q. Can I suggest that we add "log" or "traininglog" if a thread is specifically about the Training Log here rather than about training generally?

Some of the other very-high-frequency tags should be fine. Although there are loads of "shoes", "health" and "injury" tags, for example, I think there will almost always be at least one sub-tag (if that's a thing) too.

Hopefully we'll start to filter threads with the "events" tag by attacking the list Fetch has posted above.

I fear there are a lot of threads simply tagged "garmin" and "gps" that may need further tagging if this is to be perfect ... !
Jan 2021
5:06pm, 19 Jan 2021
7,745 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Dio 🙄
Jan 2021
5:09pm, 19 Jan 2021
7,746 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Synge, I think it’s definitely worth adding a new tag to separate out similar but different subjects.
Jan 2021
6:14pm, 19 Jan 2021
7,748 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
We need to clear up the use of the goals, challenges and targets tags.

The guidance from fetch says “challenge if it's all about hitting a monthly or annual mileage; or goals for the sub-X:XX threads” but I’ve noticed a lot of mileage threads have been changed from challenges to goals. There’s a few tagged target as well.

I’m not expressing any preference for a particular tag but I was going to do some tidying and I couldn’t decide which way to go.
Jan 2021
6:19pm, 19 Jan 2021
7,749 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
BTW Synge, I agree with your approach to the events (last post on the previous page)
Jan 2021
6:22pm, 19 Jan 2021
38,650 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Interesting, FDNB. Other than using “challenge” for some of the virtual challenges (which i’m a bit obsessed with just now), I haven’t really gone near those categories, so over to you and others to decide!
um
Jan 2021
6:26pm, 19 Jan 2021
4,128 posts
  •  
um
Any chance of setting up 2 tags?
One for mileage goals, one for speed/pace/time goals (or targets)?

Oh - and WAVA ?
Jan 2021
6:38pm, 19 Jan 2021
38,651 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
I’ve used “wava” as a tag a lot ...
Jan 2021
6:49pm, 19 Jan 2021
2,142 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
I took challenge to be about the same thing that Synge describes. I think I might have struck lucky when trying to assign a thread like that in the early days and have used it since. Goals and targets seem interchangeable in my head so I have no preference as to which is chosen or what we assign if we keep both
Jan 2021
7:18pm, 19 Jan 2021
38,652 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Is a target slightly more singular/specific? For example, I did see a thread earlier about a sub-2 minute 800 metres. I would think of that as a target, but doing 700 miles in a year as a goal.

Hmm ... as Susiesue says, pretty much interchangeable!

About This Thread

Maintained by Rosehip
A thread for members of the forum tag team to talk tactics!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.