Swollen feet?

1 watcher
Apr 2016
4:08pm, 5 Apr 2016
1,631 posts
  •  
jacdaw
Does anybody get swollen feet after long (rough) off-road runs? We ran about 33 miles in the Lakes on Sunday, and Mrs JD has distinctly swollen feet. Not just the soles, the whole foot.

Is this unusual? Any suggestions to get the swelling down? Ice and elevation, I'm guessing?
Apr 2016
4:05pm, 14 Apr 2016
682 posts
  •  
beebop
I don't think it's unusual - my feet were certainly puffy after the Coniston marathon (standing in the lake helped) so unless they're very swollen and continue to be so she's probably fine. Of course, looking at the date of your post the problem will hopefully have sorted itself by now. ;-)
Apr 2016
4:33pm, 14 Apr 2016
1,635 posts
  •  
jacdaw
It took a couple of days, but they're fine now, thanks. Cold water did seem to help.

We did another 29 miles or so at the weekend, on softer, boggier ground, and she had them in cold water then elevated straight after the run. They swelled a little bit, but nothing like as bad. But we'll never know if it was the prompt action,or the softer ground.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by jacdaw
Does anybody get swollen feet after long (rough) off-road runs? We ran about 33 miles in the Lakes o...