Swimrun

6 watchers
Mar 2022
6:10pm, 9 Mar 2022
4,108 posts
  •  
Goofee
Are there any Fetchie swimrunners out there?

I've just entered this event on a whim;

weswimrun.org

fetcheveryone.com/races/tal-y-llyn-swimrun-6683897

I've never done anything like this before so I have a fair bit to learn over the next few months!
Mar 2022
2:23pm, 12 Mar 2022
4,111 posts
  •  
Goofee
I've added a feature request which would make listing/recording Swimrun events easier and more accurate.

Any votes in favour of request #1375 would be appreciated! :-)

fetcheveryone.com/featurevoting
Mar 2022
3:37pm, 12 Mar 2022
18,000 posts
  •  
richmac
Done aquathlons, but nowt like that. Over at the blue lagoon near Pontefract they do a multi lapper with a run at the end about 200 metres per lap.
Sep 2022
10:16am, 20 Sep 2022
1,932 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
I just watched a good youtube video of a long Swedish swim-run event called ŌtillŌ, which means island to island.
https://youtu.be/MkuMb2o3OmM
I can see now what you were getting at, Goofee. This is a direct link to your feature request fetcheveryone.com/featurevoting?sort=id&keyword=1375
Sep 2022
11:03am, 20 Sep 2022
4,276 posts
  •  
Goofee
Thanks, NordRunner, yes, Ötillö is run by the people who came up with the idea following a drunken bet!

I'd love to get to do their Isles of Scilly sprint event next year, my swimming is progressing well but the running bit is letting me down at the moment with various leg issues. I had to 'DNS' an event last weekend, I didn't fancy being out in the middle of Oxfordshire having been swimming in coldish water and find my dodgy hamstring wanted to give up!

Thanks for highlighting the link!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Goofee
A thread about Swimrun.

These events differ from duathlon/aquathlon in that they consist of multiple alternating swim and run stages and all equipment must be carried with the participant for the entirety of the race; swim in your trainers, run in your wetsuit!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.