Swim training aids

0 watcher
Nov 2011
6:33pm, 15 Nov 2011
135 posts
  •  
Chris the Fish
Hi All,

Just getting into my swimming now in prep for the Tri season next year and keep coming across various swim training aids.

Leg floats, fins, mitts etc.. which ones are worth a look at?
I've also seen the pt paddles on swim smooth were it cuts through the water as opposed to the mitts which act as big hands, has anyone got any experience of them both perhaps?

I'm working on my technique and its coming on really well - from 150m per session a few months ago to 1200m sessions now, and would like to push on over the winter anyone with any experience to share would be great.

Cheers

Chris
Nov 2011
2:14pm, 16 Nov 2011
398 posts
  •  
manda_r
They all have their place.. but the 3 most important ones are paddles (not mitts), fins and a pull buoy.
Nov 2011
2:36pm, 16 Nov 2011
1,440 posts
  •  
tubbyrunner
I'd add a kick board to that list, as much as we hate to kick it's a necessary evil I'm afraid :-)
Nov 2011
9:31pm, 16 Nov 2011
138 posts
  •  
Chris the Fish
Cheers guys, although last time I used a kick board i think i actually went backwards!
Nov 2011
6:28am, 23 Nov 2011
49 posts
  •  
Krissie
But check what is allowed at your pool before you invest......I turned up all excited with my new paddles and wasn't allowed to use them, health and safety. I doubt I fins would be permmitted at mine either, but kick board and pull buoy are fine :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chris the Fish
Hi All,

Just getting into my swimming now in prep for the Tri season next year and keep coming a...