Sweatshop and Footbalance

2 watchers
Jan 2012
7:41pm, 19 Jan 2012
146 posts
  •  
F4rley
Hi
I went down to Sweatshop this week to get some new shoes and as well as advising a few pairs to try out, they were promoting insoles called 'footbalance'. It involved heating up a plastic insole and then moulding it to your foot. The guy said that you could wear it whatever shoes you were wearing and it would help to support your arch and make it stronger.

Does anyone know whether this is any good, or even use this?
Jan 2012
7:59pm, 19 Jan 2012
494 posts
  •  
Gasping 4 breath
not sure if this is the same thing, but I got something like that done for my ski boots some time back.

I always used to get reaaly sore feet -sole outside edgewhen skiing. anyway I went to the ski shop, and they recommended these- weren't cheap, but it worked, no more sore soles, but definitely more enjoyable skiing. I had to stand on these insoles and then on a warm footbed thingy, then they were heated some more-without me on them, then straight into the boots. job done
TT
Oct 2012
9:31am, 16 Oct 2012
886 posts
  •  
TT
I got some of these done yesterday. I'm heavy on my feet and had been experiencing sore toes. Did a first try out run in them yesterday with no discomfort and keeping my fingers crossed. Not cheap but if it keeps me on my feet as I work on increasing mileage then they're worth the investment.

Does anyone else run in them? Do they 'bed down'? I had a bit of rubbing where they are supporting my weaker arch, the beginning of a blister. Going to try them with 2 thin pairs of socks today and see how that feels.
Oct 2012
9:45am, 16 Oct 2012
312 posts
  •  
FreshStart
As I've been having huge issues with my right foot caused by a dodgy arch, so as I am willing to give everything a try I went and got a pair from the Sweatshop just off Oxford Street. I followed the advice I was given and only wore them for a short run (2 miles) and ended up with a really, really sore foot. I ended up not running for a week and then trying again and the same thing happened. I think they can work but in my case the issues with my foot are so bad I needed proper orthotics rather than off the shelf insoles.

I'm pretty sure that you can get your money back on the insoles if they don't work?
TT
Oct 2012
9:55am, 16 Oct 2012
887 posts
  •  
TT
Yes, sweatshop are really good aren't they. One of the reasons I gave the insoles a go. They said that if there's any problem just to bring them back, can't remember how many weeks they said.
Oct 2012
1:34pm, 17 Oct 2012
229 posts
  •  
Fitz
Similar idea, I got custom insoles made by Foot Factor (they advertise on Fetch). Certainly worked for me - no more ITBS since I got them last summer although they felt very weird at first - you have to rebuild mileage carefully at first.

Not much use though if you're not in / near Central London...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by F4rley
Hi
I went down to Sweatshop this week to get some new shoes and as well as advising a few pairs to ...